Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time to give up maybe???

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Dunno how many times i've said this and ye all prob have millions of times aswel but i think i'm ready to give up once and for all! The lungs don't seem the best these days so just lookin for any advice.

have heard that the champix have awful side effects lik depression etc. and the alan carr book only works on some people!

these true???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Shell10, I moved your post to this forum where you will receive all the support and information you want or need to help you stop somking. Funnily enough the Smoking forum is not the place to seek such advice. Right coin, wrong side. :)

/Waves to the nice mods of GuS

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jesse.

Shell,

It will be the best thing you will ever do is stop smoking, you are not giving up anything just taking control and puting health First.

I dont think people need any NRT just put you and your health first

jesse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I've read where they say, how you start your week is a good indicator of how the rest of your week will go. They also say that Monday is the most popular day to quit.I stopped smoking in december 06 haven't looked back and certainly dont miss them,wonder why i ever bothered at all with them. goodluck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Get rid of ashtray, lighter etc and Try this thought when you wake up if you feel a disappointed pang that you are not going to be able to smoke....quickly turn that around to...."Thank God, my lungs are going to get a break today" "Wow, I don't have to smoke today because I am now a non smoker"
    I think if you try to shift your thoughts in this direction, it cannot help but get through to your brain in time...it will be hard but it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

thanks for the advice!! if i know i can't smoke i get a pain and tighning and get highly HIGHLY frustrated!!!! its the frustration thats extremly gets to me !! lungs have been droppin health lately and have to book an appointment wit the doc because of it!! just feel that maybe the damage is begin to take its toll

• Advertisement
Advertisement