Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to give up online?

Options
  • 10-12-2010 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Another rant thread, but... Its gone beyond a joke at this stage, i've been playing on full tilt for over a year and every single night without fail i get a bad beat in an important hand, its full of absolute donkey poker players who make brutal calls and suck out on the turn, river etc.

Any remedies at all? anyone use any other site which is actually playable?
    I'm down plenty of money over these brutal hands that seem rigged!

Just while ago this happend, all in both preflop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

The first one is a bit rough the second isnt unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 13,320 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Have you considered moving up levels, they might respect your raises more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

I have never seen this happen as regularly as you describe in live poker play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Myerz wrote: »
    Another rant thread, but... Its gone beyond a joke at this stage, i've been playing on full tilt for over a year and every single night without fail i get a bad beat in an important hand, its full of absolute donkey poker players who make brutal calls and suck out on the turn, river etc.

Any remedies at all? anyone use any other site which is actually playable?
    I'm down plenty of money over these brutal hands that seem rigged!

Just while ago this happend, all in both preflop.

Whats the blind levels in the first one, if he shoved its unlucky...if he called its sick alright.

Second one is standard your only 62% ish here.

I have recently switched over to laddies and im enjoying a new lease of life after Boyles/Paddys reluctance to leave ipoker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I got beaten in the final 2 of a live tournament recently 93 offsuit against JJ so baad beats happen in the flesh.

AA is a great hand but IMHO you dont want to be playing it against 7 cards when you have not improved it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poker_probability_(Texas_hold_'em)
    Look at the bit on "The Flop".

Plus just saw the second one is heads up sit and go. Sure you pretty much have to play every hand in that game type and he had a flush draw after the flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Myerz

ya i think its heads up where this happens alot, i only started to save the hands in the last day or two, if i had been saving all along you'd have a right laugh! but the thing is these beats have all come in crucial parts of the game, their either all ins to win or to take over half the other players stack. it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it was for little chips but its so annoying because they get the chip lead and seem to get monster hands and you know your a much better player, but you can't do anything!

Ya i went all in pre flop with AA and he called with that. But before that he got me bad again so i was happy with the call but it was a double wammy for me!!

I do prefer live play but thats not always available when your bored at home, and i nearly play live every day and no way would this keep happening regulary! full tilt leave me play! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

but the thing is these beats have all come in crucial parts of the game
    These things seem crucial when you lose half or all of your stack. You have to know when to fold them sometimes.
    you know your a much better player, but you can't do anything!
    Never assume you are a better player. Why go all in with AA? Why not just 3 bet and get some information on the strength of their hand. Irregardless of your opponents hand your play in the second hand shown seems sub-optimal from the little info we have.
    Ya i went all in pre flop with AA and he called with that.
    I mean you should win at least 85% of the time with AA preflop against say 95. Problem is in low stakes heads up people are not afraid to lose their money. Heads up its almost always a race but Id prefer to have the AA every time. Stop playing heads up and try something like a 6 or 9 person $20 tourney.

kmick wrote: »
    These things seem crucial when you lose half or all of your stack. You have to know when to fold them sometimes.

Never assume you are a better player. Why go all in with AA? Why not just 3 bet and get some information on the strength of their hand. Irregardless of your opponents hand your play in the second hand shown seems sub-optimal from the little info we have.

I mean you should win at least 85% of the time with AA preflop against say 95. Problem is in low stakes heads up people are not afraid to lose their money. Heads up its almost always a race but Id prefer to have the AA every time. Stop playing heads up and try something like a 6 or 9 person $20 tourney.

He kept going all in with anything after a while so i went all in with AA and get the call, which is what every player wants.

I'm going to stay away from heads up anyway due to the regular occurance of bad beats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Well, Mike_Myers90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

gave up playin online long time ago. waste of time..anyone who say's they make money playing online is in denial.

Well, Mike_Myers90

meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nozebleed wrote: »
    gave up playin online long time ago. waste of time..anyone who say's they make money playing online is in denial.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Every hand heads up is 50/50

DJKendo wrote: »
    Every hand heads up is 50/50

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Nozebleed wrote: »

:rolleyes:

Advertisement