Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Multiroom Help Required

Options
  • 10-12-2010 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi all, help needed from a noob. Bear with me please.

Just ordered a second STB for a separate room from NTL. It came today and they have given me a black sleek model that has a HDMI connection! I just assumed that I would get a similar box to my current one - large crappy grey one that's connected to my LCD TV using a scart.

Anyway I have found the coax cable in the second room - it was behind a metal plate that I have since unscrewed from the wall.

1) What sort of wall plate to I need to purchase to connect the existing coax cable in the wall to a nice neat outlet point? (shops in Dublin please)

2) The place that I need to put the TV is across the room (of course it is!) so I am assuming that I need to buy a long coax cable that will reach the new STB which is approx 24ft/7.5M away?? Again, where in Dublin would stock such cable in the stated length?

3) Would it make any difference if I do finally connect the new STB to my TV using a HDMI cable? Or should I just stick with the scart?? I am on their Cable Digital Value plan.

Thanks in advance for all answers to this post.

ArcticFox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Come on guys....Loads of views and no replies?? Where's ur Christmas spirit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I cant comment on either of the first two points (Maplins maybe?) but yes, definately plug the box in using HDMI. It wont upscale the picture so it will still show in 576i, but the picture quality should still be better than using scart.

Advertisement