Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pressie for sick sister

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a present for my sister. Currently ill, Battling the big C. Just don't know what to buy. Want something that she will really enjoy and will make her laugh and smile again instead of norm stuff.

Thanks

BTW her age group - 34 years old.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Sorry that your sister is ill - was diagnosed with oesophageal in 2006 when I was 32. I now have an 8 month old son and am over 12 weeks pregnant. For me I was exhausted from chemo but I was lucky enough to be planning my wedding at that time too...I loved DVD sets as I could watch some of them and then continue when I had the strenght. I also had a presurgery holiday (not honeymoon, the husband is constantly reminded) when I was allowed to travel again. On the practical side the chemo really takes it out of you so warm clothes (socks etc) were great - even then the heating bill was a scary large numbers. When your sister is having a good day take her out for a coffee, just let her have an ordinary afternoon, whatever that is. Best wishes to your sister.

Advertisement