Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep It Local Shankill - new website

Options
  • 09-12-2010 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi there,
    I've been working on my site for a few months and would love some feedback
    www.keepitlocalshankill.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭conorcan2

I can tell you put a lot of work into it, so take my opinion light-heartedly. It's only an opinion...

I think you could use space more efficiently. There's a bit of repetition of content (for example, the entire home page serves as a table of contents, even though there's already a menu on the left-hand side of the screen).

The blurb at the top of some of the pages is way too long and possibly entirely redundant. You might consider resizing the logo as well, to make efficient use of the most important area of screen real-estate...the only purpose the logo seems to have is to repeat the website url (which the visitor may have typed in anyway).

Personally, I'd have the business directory as the homepage (resize the business heading banner).

The recipes and gardens section seem a little out of place (I'd at least group them together in the menu, or link to them from the 'community info' section).

The colour scheme is a bit whacky and makes it appear too busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You're making many of the mistakes that are regularly made for listings/classifieds sites when starting. There's lots of reviews of listings sites in this forum. Do a search and read the reviews.

Advertisement