Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for my 13yo sister?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to get christmas shopping out of the way early instead of doing it on Dec 24th!

Stumped on what to buy my little sister who is 13.

She likes music and is big into all the current teenage favourites(X-Factor,JLS,that Bieber fella etc)but she has tickets to bieber and jls concerts next year and she downloads all her music so not much point in buying cd's either.

Struggling to think of what to get her,really dont want to give her a card with just money in it cos it looks like I couldn't be arsed getting her something.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

clothes/jewellery
    Promise her a day out with you?cinema or a show and a meal so that you can enjoy it together?

nice pjs and slippers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You could also get her a t-shirt or bag with her favourite band/singer on it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Good job on getting present-shopping out of the way early in December! :) I usually ask my siblings if there's anything in particular they want. If she doesn't give you any "wishes", get her a nice set of pjs or something like that. A girl can never have too many pjs (but definitely CAN have too many bath sets! Steer clear of these cause teenage girls usually get a tonne for Christmas). Also, hot chocolate sets are nice.

Or, if you're feeling adventurous, get her a ukelele for €20 in Waltons. It could go either way though - she'll either love it or hate it. Your call :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Hi OP,

I've also got a thirteen year old sister and this year I decided that as she's now a teenager and often goes to meet with her friends at the local shopping centre, goes to the cinema etc. that she'd need a "grown-up" handbag, so I got her a medium sized cross body leather satchel from asos.co.uk and put a few small things into it- a mini hair-straightener (it was only a TENNER!) also from asos, a wee necklace that says "OMG"- most 13 year old girls' favourite phrase and then a cute bra top and pants from Penneys.

A makeup lesson at a "young" counter could be good- at 13 most girls haven't got much knowledge when it comes to makeup and can go a bit overboard with too-dark bronzer, eyeliner, etc. Booking her a lesson means she'll learn how to make herself look even more pretty and can redeem the price you've paid on products such as a nice oil-free foundation, etc. Teenagers seem to like MAC, Benefit, Bareminerals, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My lady 11 wont wear bra tops from penny's or dunnes, m&s and la senza.

Make up a gift box with a few different things, make up, body wash and creams pjs and slippers and robe, hair-straightener, curling wand, body shop gift set, charm bracelet...

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I have a 13 year old sister on my mums side, and a 14 year old sister on my dads side and they are polar opposites,

for my 13 year old sister who is exactly as you described into bieber/jls..etc i found out from my mum she is getting the iphone4 for Christmas so i bought her an itunes voucher, so she can use it to buy albums/apps herself online...i would never be able to buy her make up or clothes as she is the one i go to when i'm buying make up or clothes :D she's very fashionable for her age.

for my 14 year old sister she is a bit more immature so i bought her a nice purse and key chain set, 2 dvd's i know she'd like and chocolate cause she loves the stuff!

Advertisement