Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for microphone recommendation for podcasts

Options
  • 09-12-2010 5:25pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where else to put this but I'm looking for recommendations for microphones for recording podcasts. The set up would the the microphone in the middle of a table and the speakers sitting around the table. Should be cheap and cheerful but have decent sound for around 50 euro. Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dublin Guitar

Samson have some great USB mics that aren't terribly expensive. www.samsontech.com

The best of the bunch for podcasting is the G-track, more expensive than you were looking to pay, but definitely advisable to go with something decent if you're looking for quality and reliability

Think X Music, Sounds Around and Music Maker are stocking Samson in Dublin

DGC

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

sorry to bump this, but i was wondering what microphone would be best for a podcast, but i'm looking to do a three-person podcast? like we'd be around a table, which one would be ideal for putting it in the middle of the three? It'd have to be sensitive enough to pick up the three equally (the finished product would be mono) but have good audio quality (i.e. not have hiss/ambient noise etc)?

Thanks for any help!

Jay

edit : I'd be ideally looking for something between 50-100 euros.

Advertisement