Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here involved with the gaming industry?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, its an area that I'd like to find out more about, to see if there are any openings for my own music within gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Would you be willing to work on open source projects?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

RedXIV wrote: »
    Would you be willing to work on open source projects?

I might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Open source = free, right? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

check out this dude
    http://krisgiampa.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/welcome-to-my-sound-design-for-video-games-blog/

he's the head sound designer at blizzard and is a really cool guy. Put out my first release with his label actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Unfortunately I don't have any projects on the go at the moment :)

But there are LOADS of good open source projects that would like talented composers. eddie.fandango on this site has done it a bit for various games. some of them fairly big.

Although if you could get something with Blizzard as above, screw open-source, go get paid!

• Advertisement
Advertisement