Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug Ins!?!?

Options
  • 09-12-2010 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Morning!

I'm currently using Ableton 7 and I recently got my hands on the latest 'Computer Music' featuring their Plug Ins etc disc on the front cover.

No matter what I do, even following instruction to the letter, can't see the plug ins I have uploaded when I open Ableton and access the Pug ins folder.

Help!!!!

Slam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

What type of plugins are they? VST?
    Should be in VST folder, Then in preferences in ableton you have to re-scan VST folder after install. go to plug-ikns in the browser on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Yeah VST Pulg ins, I've created a VSTplugin folder in programmes folder of the C Drive but hwen I load up Ableton and check for it from the menu option on the left ie 3rd party plug in etc it's blank. That's even when I've gone through preference, re-scan etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

when you check vst folder through windows is their anything in it?(dll files etc?)

yeah, the actual zipped plug in is all there - all elements are present which is the whacy thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Make sure they're not 64-bit plugins. I had a similar problem with Live 8 when I accidentally installed them instead of the 32-bit versions.

• Advertisement

Ahhh ok - and how do I check that Adyx? and if they are 64 bit are they useless now?

Slam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Ahhh ok - and how do I check that Adyx? and if they are 64 bit are they useless now?

Slam

Well usually either the file name or the installation folder will be labelled as such. Guitar Rig 3 for example, has 2 folders, one called VSTPlugins 64 bit and the other VSTPlugins 32 bit. Unfortunately the actual .dll files both have the same name.

I'm no expert so this may not even be the problem by the way, I'm fairly new to Ableton Live actually.

Certainly they're not useless. Live may support them in the future and lots of other software already does.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Morning!

I'm currently using Ableton 7 and I recently got my hands on the latest 'Computer Music' featuring their Plug Ins etc disc on the front cover.

No matter what I do, even following instruction to the letter, can't see the plug ins I have uploaded when I open Ableton and access the Pug ins folder.

Help!!!!

Slam

Go to 'View' in the top left corner

Then 'Preferences'

On the left click on 'file folder'

In 'Library Location' make sure it's got the correct folder location for your plugins folder.

Browse and reselected it. To be on the safe side.

Hit the 'rescan' button for rescanning the plugins - you must do this everytime you add a new plugin.

It took me a while to get this to work the first time I tried it. So it might take a few attempts.

Ableton may not like the location for some places you put your plugin folder. You may need to move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

you have to unzip the files, live cant run a dll thats inside a zip file, it will only see the zip, not the dll.

Advertisement