Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Drinks - Tonight Sun 19th

Options
  • 08-12-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hey All.

Its that time of the year again and what better way to get over it than getting drunk!!

Seriously though,was thinking to meet up in The Long Hall in Georges St at around 8pm on Sunday the 19th for a few drinks .

Yay/Nay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I am hoping to be in Dublin that w/e so would be on for a few jars.
    Long Hall - class establishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Was just thinking about this today alright ! Family do on that day but might be able to make it later in the evening. Still have to work the next day though !

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Sounds good, should hopefully be able to make it for a few scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ha, was also just talking with El Tonto about this tonight, should be there although I may be hanging from the previous night (2 birthdays - one evening, so many ladies to be Dirked) but just prop me up in the corner and stick a Santa hat on me and I'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Count me in.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Pints, it'd be rude to say no. i'll be getting in to a state of ill repute in Drogheda on Saturday but I'll try to cycle down in time for it on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Sounds good to me. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

In

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

might as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Sunday night drinking has long been terra incognita for me but I suppose I could make an exception for the last one before Christmas. There's a dublin bike stand just around the corner so we could hold an impromptu crit afterwards;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Crit? We're going to Coppers afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

That's the finish line sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tonto wrote: »
    Crit? We're going to Coppers afterwards

Coppers on a Sunday? Holy facepalming Jesus, have some respect!

I'm sure Jesus won't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,031 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Just don't tell Sr Assumpta.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Sadly I linger in the purgatory that exists below the requisite posts-threshold to be allowed to "Thanks" your hilarity Lumen.

Remember though, The Lord is omnipresent.......... (and has a very poor sense of humour).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sadly I linger in the purgatory that exists behold the requisite posts-threshold to be allowed to "Thanks" your hilarity Lumen.

Remember though, The Lord is omnipresent.......... (and has a very poor sense of humour).

Should he get down on his knees and do a hail mary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

hope to make it in for a few. Although will be heading off at a respectable time to cycle to work the next morning.
    Oh, and there's supposed to be a savage snow event on that weekend too, according to the lads in the weather forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Perhaps if, as penance, Mr. Lumen wore his Kaiku kit to both The Long Hall and Coppers that evening, I could have a quiet word with Jesus on his behalf.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If I get everything done, I'll be off the following day so I might also make an appearance.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

its just around the corner from me so i guess it'd be rude not to drop in... drinking is about all there is to be doing this weather anyway. feck the turbo trainer. im getting unfit in style this christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭mvt

Afraid I won't be able to make this now as I have to travel to Glasgow for a funeral.
    Hope everybody has a nice time and will see youse on the road in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

If I get everything done, I'll be off the following day so I might also make an appearance.

Let me know if you're heading up to this from KK. I might join you for the laugh!

Sorry to hear you won't make it mvt. See you in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Jesus was from down the country. He would love Coppers!

midonogh wrote: »
    Jesus was from down the country. He would love Coppers!

Jesus Saves Scores

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

was Jesus a garda?

Non drinking Captain will show up, I've work in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No show for me, sick as a dog with the flu

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

id love to go, you all don't know me, as i only post the odd time but still would love to make an appearance and have a few jars and cause random arguments but the gf won't let me go, im a mans man this whole bullying thing aint cool, i hate hoovering!

Advertisement