Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ron's reaction just wasnt good enough!

Options
  • 08-12-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Am i the only one who thought Ron's reaction to Hermionie being tortured just wasnt good enough in the film?? i mean in the books he goes crazy screaming "HERMIONIE!!" constantly for about 4 pages but in the films rupert grint pathetically said "we have to do something" in an almost conversational tone????

didnt really think ron's anguish was portrayed well enough??

not doubting rupert's acting abilities at all by the way!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

johnt91 wrote: »
    "HERMIONIE!!" constantly for about 4 pages but in the films rupert grint pathetically said "we have to do something" in an almost conversational tone????!

Don't forget that in the book he was much younger, as he grew into a teenager .... hmmmmm. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I seem to be one of the very few people on here that thinks all (barr maybe 1/2) of the actors were woeful. Neither of the main 3 gave an accurate representation of the charcters as they're portrayed in the book. IMO Ron is the worst. In the book he's also slightly cocky and funny, but in the movie he's very timid, and that scene was a very good example of how bad he is. Really hope these movies aren't how they end the HP series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smonocco

I also didn't like the way Harry didn't seem to be too bothered about the fact that his wand was destroyed. It deos after all say in the book: ''Harry took it into his hands as though it was a living thing that had suffered a terrible injury.''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bob Engineer

not all part in the book can be realize in movie...

mybe the director think that part not cause big impact...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

Not to mention that its rare for a movie to be able to portray emotion as effectively as a book. For what its worth I have never felt that the movie's were able to compare to the books mainly due to the extensive editing of the books and the (in parts) fairly shoddy acting

• Advertisement
Advertisement