Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom MusicHub

Options
  • 08-12-2010 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether to post this in Broadband or Music

eircom launches a Music Hub

eircom Broadband Customer
    1. Follower gets unlimited streaming. Zero downloads
    2. Enthusiast gets unlimited streaming.15 downloads a month for €5.99 p/m
    3. Fanatic gets unlimited streaming. 40 downloads a month for €12.99 p/m

Non-eircom Broadband Customer
    1. Follower gets unlimited streaming. Zero downloads. €6.99 p/m
    2. Enthusiast gets unlimited streaming.15 downloads a month for €11.99 p/m
    3. Fanatic gets unlimited streaming. 40 downloads a month for €22.99 p/m

More information at http://eircommusichub.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nice. not as extensive catalogue as spotify though. can't complain when it's free though, will be using when my spotify hours run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paircfest2010

Can I sign up for more than one username on my eircom broadband account?

No, you can only have one username associated with your eircom broadband account. If there are more people in your household that would like separate eircom MusicHub accounts to use simultaneously, then they can sign up for a separate account. The eircom broadband discount will not apply to additional accounts.

That is a very disappointing restriction.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,885 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you're already an Eircom customer I suppose you might use it, but it doesn't seem as good as We7 or Grooveshark both of which are free and easily available here (unlike Spotify which is great but you have to jump through hoops to get it working here) so I can't see why anyone would pay for it. If you want a subscription download service too then Emusic is probably the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

Its actually wierd they didn't call it Meteor MusicHub as Meteor does all that music stuff, but I ain't complaining, if they called it that, Eircom customers probably wouldn't get the free service, I like it, its free, plus, you could just setup an account called SurnameFamily and give the password to your whole family as ye would be on the same ip address and hostname, Eircom wouldn't notice simultaneous logins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 magicianmatt

Can you pay for one month and then cancel????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

I find it funny that eircom block thepiratebay.org... yet when you use eircom musichub the realplayer downloader autostarts offering you a "Download" button for every track played :-)

Of course I didn't click Download !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Can you pay for one month and then cancel????????????

No. I got caught badly. A friend told me that downloads were 32 cent each. Unfortunately that is if you prescribe to 40 downloads a month for €12.99. You can't cancel until after three months. The stinger for me is that if you want to download any more songs a month than your special offer, they charge you the same as Itunes for the extra songs e.g. €1.29 a track. The bloody cheek of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GEORGINAO89

I selected the free plan and it asked for my account number, does anyone know if the 'free music' is really free if it comes up on UR bill saying all your music is all €1.25

Advertisement