Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from UL to UU

Options
  • 08-12-2010 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi guys, Im a student in U.L. and i'm thinking of changing courses through the UCAS as I can't afford to change here. The only problem is I love UL and love all my friends :( any advise? I want to do nursing in ulster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to a thread of its own

The only advice I'd give OP is that if you'd really miss UL and everything there (and I'm not saying you'd hate UU - you might love it there more!) then you'd go into a course at another university already somewhat disheartened. I love UL too and I also went to UU:D

When you say it's too expensive to change over in Limerick, is it a cost you really wouldn't be able to handle?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Did you complete your degree in UL first? Yea, i'm talking 35,00 euro. I couldn't even afford half that. Im really settled in UL, my boyfriend is here but my course is beyond unsatisfying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I went to UU first before heading to UL (briefly!) :)

Is there any advisor or course leader you could talk to in UL about your concerns? I don't know that the course would be any more engaging at a different university and it sounds as if you enjoy UL other than the academic side...which is kind of a big side I know!

Is the 35K what the new course would cost you? How far along are you in your current course?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

I'm finishing my first semester of second year, its hard to believe the price I'd be charged for only wasting 3 semesters. I've contacted my advisor but he doesn't seem to be that clued up or have any useful information. Not sure who else to get in touch with.

Advertisement