Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MERIDA RIDE 75 VS CUBE AERIAL ????

Options
  • 08-12-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Does anybody know if merida are a good make of bike. I've been offered a merida ride 75 bike for 500 euro and was wondering if it is a good bike. Also I've got my eye on a cube aerial on chain reaction . Which one would you go for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭boomdocker

what exactly are you advertising?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,770 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from cycling ads

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hunter9

i'm not advertising anything, i'm lookin for someones opinion as i'm not familiar with these bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

i believe the merida has sunrace shifter which tend to be ****e. the cube would be a far better bike, but im assuming it about 200-300 more. Is the merida new as it seems 500 is about the rrp.

are you getting it on the bike to work scheme. pop into cycle superstore or build a bike to check out the cubes.

Ps.unless your going to be up in the mountains, dont get a triple (3 gears up front) a compact double will be fine, as alot of cubes are needlessly triples i find.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭hunter9

the cube is 608. the merida is new. My cheap skate work don't do the bike to work scheme. Thanks for your comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

for an extra 100, there is no choice in the matter, cube all the way, merida are a cheapish bike (i believe they are connected to carrera, the halfords brand in some way) while cube are german, need i say more! excellant bike, and nice looking too. if your order from crc add 80 to 100 for a build unless you know someone. have you checked irish price?

also, if not going thru BTW scheme, you'd get far better value with a second hand bike. New bike prices have increased as a result of the scheme. in contrast you find a lot 'new' second hand bikes going cheap as someone used there BTW to make a small profit or they just didnt take to it, everyone is a winner. you should be able to get something with at least Tiagra groupset, or 105 if your lucky.

have a quick look on adverts and post any ads your interested in and we can offer some pointers.

EDIT: Second hand, case in point : http://www.adverts.ie/346561/bikes/cube-peloton-2010/

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

In this case I think the Cube is the better but I wouldn't at all say Merida are a cheap bike at all. To my best knowledge anyway they aren't linked with Carrera but with Specialized, I think they actually own quite a lot of them.
    Of course they do cheaper bikes but I have been very impressed with my own Merida one-five-o 3000d plus they do quite well in world xc standings.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

I was in buildabike last week. The aerial 2010 is €800 while the 2011 is €849. Not sure what size the 2010 version was. Lovely looking bikes either way.

DOC

Advertisement