Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2010 & Disability Allowance / extra Payments.

Options
  • 07-12-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi , I am wondering if anyone out there knows if the disability allowance was cut in the budget, and if so by how much?
    I have been accepted for the disability allowance, I did have to fwd. them a bank statement there recently so once they process that I hope that it will come through. I have been assured it will.
    I am also wondering if the few extra payments- i.e. - phone allowance, will still stay in place?
    I have been hunting online for this information this afternoon and could not find anything pertaining to disability.
    I am basically wondering if the 5% decrease in sw payment applies to disability payments also?
    I live with my 20 year old son who is in f/t education... he works between 6-10 hours a week in a min wage job, these are all the hours the hotel can offer him, and it is hard to keep us both fed & warm and run a small house on my supp. welfare payment of 196e,(waiting for disability allowance to be processed) plus his small amount in wages.(avg 50e a week) So i have been having bad anxiety recently wondering what will be cut.
    Personally I have been waiting a good while to get approval, it started with aches / pains all over , and after a year i have eventually been given a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, with depression and anxiety.
    I almost feel I have to justify myself in asking a question about the disability allowance as I do not want to be seen, or accused of being a 'scrounger'. Believe me, I would rather work than receive benefits, but the simple fact is that I get very fatigued easily, and the meds I am on- painkillers & meds for the anxiety / depression can make me a bit sleepy.
    Sorry for rambling on a bit, thanks for reading , x

Comments

Advertisement