Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Elses Broadband Unstable Recently?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

As I said in the title is anyone elses broadband being shaky and unreliable since the snow took over? A lot of people I know in the Meath area of Ratoath have no service for hours on Eircom broadband and others on BT too. Usually comes back at around 4-5 o' clock but its a bit iffy. My broadband router either keeps flashing the DSL light with no Internet light lighting up or the Internet light on the router turns red. Anyone else that can confirm they're having problems too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Our wireless connection is unstable at the moment .

The Eircom router and ethernet connection is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Little bit further up the road beyond Kells but my eircom DSL seems pretty slow tonight - wouldn't suprise me if water has gotten into lines or something given how hard Meath/Cavan has been hit this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

My Eircom connection was particularly bad over the weekend. I'm used to congestion at peak times,my router red lights for a few minutes and then comes back on,but Sunday it was evening time before I got a stable connection. I assumed it was from everyone at home using the web rather than bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Our wireless connection is unstable at the moment .

The Eircom router and ethernet connection is working fine
    change the wireless channel. the most common cause is interference from another wireless router in range. chances are, one of your neighbours just got broadband and the installer didn't check what channels were available when he did the initial set up.

download inSSIDer onto a laptop and have a wander round your house with it to see what other routers are in range and what channels they are using and use that info to find the quietest channel and use that. if the first one you try isn't any better then keep trying as it could be another non-wifi 2.4ghz device causing interference that you can't see using inSSIDer.

Advertisement