Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology in Limerick?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey guys, i'm from Limerick (yeah sure, have your laugh) and I was wondering if any of you know of a place in Limerick that offers Leaving Cert Technology? I'm in Crescent College, with 2 computer rooms, 2 metal and wood work rooms and an art room. The school is pretty high class when it comes to technological management with network servers and 30 odd computers in each Computer room..The goddamn school still doesn't offer a technology course.. Anybody got any tips or help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

paddy1993 wrote: »
    The goddamn school still doesn't offer a technology course.. Anybody got any tips or help?

I do Technology and the Teacher has to sign a form to say that all the practical work was done in school and is your own work. So i'm pretty sure you won't be able to do it at all if you don't have a teacher. Maybe there's some way around it. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I think you need to have done Technology for JC to do it for LC. In my school they won't let anyone who hasn't done it for Junior Cert do it anyways.
    I guess you could try to learn it but you'll need to find a school that teaches it.. I'm sure you could get a list of schools who teach it from the Dept of Education.
    You can't do it on your own though (as far as I know), as the above said, cause then there's no proof that you actually did it yourself.

Advertisement