Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA corruption

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

What is the CT here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

What is the CT here?

People think all the reporting is a conspiracy theory against FIFA. I bet a few months ago it would have been less believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

Panorama investigated this a week ago. Good video and was aired before the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Not really a CT per se - it's an open secret that FIFA is corrupt, with Blatter pulling all the strings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Glenflesk

Why do people always think things are a conspiracy? Maybe Russia was just a better place to have the world cup. England hosted it 44 years ago so they should have to wait longer. I think its exciting to have it in places like Qatar for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah, Fifa's corrupt. Breaking news!

Glenflesk wrote: »
    Why do people always think things are a conspiracy? Maybe Russia was just a better place to have the world cup. England hosted it 44 years ago so they should have to wait longer. I think its exciting to have it in places like Qatar for a change.

Because it isnt a conspiracy per se. It is actual a 'fact' that some of the officials that decide the bid were bribed by payments through companies that they own. It hasnt been investigated so they continue to do it. These officials are the 'untouchables'.

Take a look at the video I posted. Fifa are more corrupt than our famous banksters here. Another fact is that fifa have a list of unbelievable demands on the countries hosting the world cup like tax breaks and such. Apparently england and the dutch werent happy with all of these, russia on the other hand probably gave in to all of them.

So most people now think FIFA are corrupt. I wonder how much of that is because of the negative media attention FIFA are getting? I bet if the media were quiet on it alot of these same people would never believe FIFA are corrupt even if presented with all the same evidence.

profitius wrote: »
    So most people now think FIFA are corrupt. I wonder how much of that is because of the negative media attention FIFA are getting? I bet if the media were quiet on it alot of these same people would never believe FIFA are corrupt even if presented with all the same evidence.

Well not in my case anyway. I would definitely said they were corrupt even before the media made some noise about bribes. But then again I am a life long soccer supporter and not everyone is one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah, I base all my opinions on what I read in the Daily Mail. It's not a wild accusation- Sepp Blatter hasn't stayed in power this long because he's such a stand-up guy...

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeah, I base all my opinions on what I read in the Daily Mail. It's not a wild accusation- Sepp Blatter hasn't stayed in power this long because he's such a stand-up guy...

I was talking about people who do base there opinions from what they're told in the mainstream media. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Exciting? Playing games in 40 degree heat with empty stadiums and played at odd times of the day to appease the TV moguls? To each their own I guess...
    I was talking about people who do base there opinions from what they're told in the mainstream media. ;)

You don't have to be spoon-fed news from what you call "mainstream media" to know that FIFA is corrupt. Look at the way they rejigged the draw for WC qualifying this time last year to get the bigger, stronger and wealthier countries to the Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I've a football administration conspiracy theory. I reckon they rig the Champions League.
    Evidence? How about the quarter final draw being leaked on a Liverpool website in 2008 2 hours before it actually took place? The odds of someone guessing correctly were over a hundred to one.
    Or even better, the time that the result between a contentious tie controversially refereed between Chelsea and Barcelona in the 2009 semi final was PUBLISHED on the UEFA website hours before the game kicked off?
    The match report, complete with what players were booked!!!, was later described as a 'test run'.

I've a football administration conspiracy theory. I reckon they rig the Champions League.
    Evidence? How about the quarter final draw being leaked on a Liverpool website in 2008 2 hours before it actually took place? The odds of someone guessing correctly were over a hundred to one.
    Or even better

This was on the liverpool echo's forum not their website. And i have been on forums before champions league draws before and a handful of people have guessed correctly especially for a quarter final. The odds are 104/1 hardly significant considering people win accumalators at 5-10000/1

The time that the result between a contentious tie controversially refereed between Chelsea and Barcelona in the 2009 semi final was PUBLISHED on the UEFA website hours before the game kicked off?
    The match report, complete with what players were booked!!!, was later described as a 'test run'.

From goal.com;
    It is claimed that the dummy report predicted that Barcelona would score a late goal, as well as rightly guessing three of the four Blues players who were booked - Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Alex.

"This ‘test’ is remarkably similar to the actual result," a Chelsea supporter is quoted as saying.

However, a picture of the dummy report has Chelsea down as having one player sent off and Barcelona none, but the Spanish side were actually reduced to ten men on Wednesday while the Blues were not.

Left out some information there as well. If you believe that I would say you are a Chelsea fan:).

By the way all of this is controlled by UEFA who certainly arent as corrupt as fifa.

http://soccer.firstblogfirst.com/2010/12/04/fifa-may-have-to-look-to-neighbours-uefa/

The Liverpool Echo forum IS a feckin Liverpool website. Did you think it was a graffitied wall or something?
    The odds are significant in the context of the strenuous insistance of the original poster who revealed the information, who claimed to be utterly disgusted with UEFA having been leaked the information along with others in Switzerland. He wasn't guessing. He was outraged.
    As for the Chelsea game, and no, I'm not a fan, they got the score correct, named three booked Chelsea players and perhaps the ref misunderstood his orders and sent off the wrong fella.
    And UEFA are FIFA's bitch, with that corrupt and odious individual Platini in charge, a man who ran around the Heysel stadium to the shame of his fellow players showboating after scoring a penalty in a final most of them didn't want to even play in because people were dying on the terraces.
    Platini is his master's voice in UEFA, his master being his mentor, Sepp Blatter of FIFA.
    Incidentally, you may note that I said it was a conspiracy theory related to football administration and not specifically FIFA. Though FIFA's corruption is well-established, going back to the days of Havelange of the brown envelopes and his sidekick, Orange Order bigot Harry Cavan.

The Liverpool Echo forum IS a feckin Liverpool website. Did you think it was a graffitied wall or something?

It isnt a Liverpool website. If it was it would have to be official and it isnt. It is the website of a newspaper and we all know how reliable the press are dont we:rolleyes:.
    The odds are significant in the context of the strenuous insistance of the original poster who revealed the information, who claimed to be utterly disgusted with UEFA having been leaked the information along with others in Switzerland. He wasn't guessing. He was outraged.

Who leaked the info to him. Did we ever hear from this infamous poster on a forum again? Was it platini on the phone to him?

As for the Chelsea game, and no, I'm not a fan, they got the score correct, named three booked Chelsea players and perhaps the ref misunderstood his orders and sent off the wrong fella.

Yes they got the score correct. 1-1 wow. Its not like it was 4 feckin 3 or anything. Those three players are likely to get booked in most games because they are defensive and carry out alot of tackles. So what you are saying here is that the ref, the players, the two clubs all played a match at full pelt essien was let score that wonder goal and so was iniesta. The ref was only allowed to book certain players and missed one and then sent off the wrong player from the wrong team. He must have been missing his spectacles.

And UEFA are FIFA's bitch, with that corrupt and odious individual Platini in charge, a man who ran around the Heysel stadium to the shame of his fellow players showboating after scoring a penalty in a final most of them didn't want to even play in because people were dying on the terraces.
    Platini is his master's voice in UEFA, his master being his mentor, Sepp Blatter of FIFA.
    Incidentally, you may note that I said it was a conspiracy theory related to football administration and not specifically FIFA. Though FIFA's corruption is well-established, going back to the days of Havelange of the brown envelopes and his sidekick, Orange Order bigot Harry Cavan.

Yes because platini was president of UEFA in 1985 while he was playing in that match was he?:rolleyes:. What the hell has that got to do with anything?. And by the way its not to clear that Platini actually knew that there had been any fatalaties. Kenny Dalglish didnt know of any fatalities and neither did some of the fans in the opposite end of the ground.

Excerpt from Kenny Dalglishs recollections: http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/dalglish-heysel.shtm
    If I had known about the fatalities, I would not have wanted to play. You go along to watch a game. You don't go along expecting that sort of ending, do you? never have occurred. Every single one of them, both Italian and English, must have regretted it. I'm sure they still do now.
    Friends of mine who were at Heysel told me afterwards they never knew that had been fatalities. They knew there had been trouble but not to what extent. When you are in a foreign country, it's difficult to find out what's going on. I don't even know how informative the PA system was. Confusion reigned.
    By the way UEFA have a habit of riling up FIFA so I wouldnt call them their bitch:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/452170-platini-vs-blatter-fifa-and-uefa-at-loggerheads-over-the-future-of-football

Platini probably will get Blatters job. So we will see if the corruption continues then.

It isnt a Liverpool website. If it was it would have to be official and it isnt. It is the website of a newspaper and we all know how reliable the press are dont we:rolleyes:.

What drugs are you on? It's a website yes or no? Based in Liverpool, yes or no?
    Who leaked the info to him. Did we ever hear from this infamous poster on a forum again? Was it platini on the phone to him?

Why don't you go ask him?
    Yes they got the score correct. 1-1 wow. Its not like it was 4 feckin 3 or anything. Those three players are likely to get booked in most games because they are defensive and carry out alot of tackles. So what you are saying here is that the ref, the players, the two clubs all played a match at full pelt essien was let score that wonder goal and so was iniesta. The ref was only allowed to book certain players and missed one and then sent off the wrong player from the wrong team. He must have been missing his spectacles.

Boy are you struggling with that explanation. But keep going, it's entertaining.
    Yes because platini was president of UEFA in 1985 while he was playing in that match was he?:rolleyes:.

No, he was simply a scumbag then. Now he's a scumbag in charge of UEFA. Do keep up.
    What the hell has that got to do with anything?. And by the way its not to clear that Platini actually knew that there had been any fatalaties.

But Platini DID know. He admitted so in 2005 on the 20th anniversary.
    By the way UEFA have a habit of riling up FIFA so I wouldnt call them their bitch:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/452170-platini-vs-blatter-fifa-and-uefa-at-loggerheads-over-the-future-of-football

Platini probably will get Blatters job. So we will see if the corruption continues then.

Well, duh. UEFA are even more corrupt than FIFA are under Platini.

FIFA are also totally against having TV match officials like they do in rugby. It would be harder to cheat if this came in because refs couldn't award penalties as easily.

Also while we're talking about sport how about GAA refs making a draw of games. Its been happening for decades and nobody says anything about it because the draw gives teams another chance (and a pay day for the GAA). But people do bet on matches and GAA refs have cost people a lot of money over the years.

FIFA are also totally against having TV match officials like they do in rugby. It would be harder to cheat if this came in because refs couldn't award penalties as easily.

Also while we're talking about sport how about GAA refs making a draw of games. Its been happening for decades and nobody says anything about it because the draw gives teams another chance (and a pay day for the GAA). But people do bet on matches and GAA refs have cost people a lot of money over the years.

I don't punt much on GAA. But I have noticed the price on the odds of a draw in championship games have falled from around 12 or 14/1 to around 7/1 over the past few years. So the bookies have spotted this too.

I don't punt much on GAA. But I have noticed the price on the odds of a draw in championship games have falled from around 12 or 14/1 to around 7/1 over the past few years. So the bookies have spotted this too.

If theres a point or two in it near the end the team who are losing will get every 50/50 decision going. If the ref makes a draw of it he's then in the GAA's good books.

• Advertisement

What drugs are you on? It's a website yes or no? Based in Liverpool, yes or no?

Is there reliable information posted on a newspaper message board yes or no? They actually cover Evertons misfortunes as well so is it eclusively a Liverpool website yes or no or is it just a newspaper board? Too be honest if he had of posted it on RAWK I probably would have laughed less.

Why don't you go ask him?

Nah im not the one that believes in his ridiculous post. But im guessing you do so if he has just dissappeared after making this claim we can put it to bed here now that he isnt a reliable source either as you dont seem to bothered. Number one put to bed as being false.

Boy are you struggling with that explanation. But keep going, it's entertaining.

Well when someone posts a ridiculous conspiracy theory do you just expect everyone just to say yes cavehill red that right its true. The theory about Chelsea/Barca you posted is ridiculous and you know it.

No, he was simply a scumbag then. Now he's a scumbag in charge of UEFA. Do keep up.

How do you know he is a scumbag?. I am assuming you have never met him? I mean i met a number of people that I would have thought to be scumbags but they actually turned out to be ok.

But Platini DID know. He admitted so in 2005 on the 20th anniversary.

Really? Any quotes or links to this on the interweb?

Really any more wild ridiculous claims of UEFA corruption that you cant explain or back up like the last two? Because to be honest FIFA are very corrupt.

Is there reliable information posted on a newspaper message board yes or no? They actually cover Evertons misfortunes as well so is it eclusively a Liverpool website yes or no or is it just a newspaper board? Too be honest if he had of posted it on RAWK I probably would have laughed less.

It's a website from Liverpool - a Liverpool website. I really don't see how you can fail to comprehend this simple fact.
    Nah im not the one that believes in his ridiculous post. But im guessing you do so if he has just dissappeared after making this claim we can put it to bed here now that he isnt a reliable source either as you dont seem to bothered. Number one put to bed as being false.

You haven't demonstrated it was false.
    Well when someone posts a ridiculous conspiracy theory do you just expect everyone just to say yes cavehill red that right its true. The theory about Chelsea/Barca you posted is ridiculous and you know it.

There you go again. You haven't demonstrated it was ridiculous. I gamble on soccer occasionally. Even getting the winner correct in a game like Chelsea V Barca isn't easy. Getting the correct score, and naming three booked players is close to a miracle
    How do you know he is a scumbag?. I am assuming you have never met him? I mean i met a number of people that I would have thought to be scumbags but they actually turned out to be ok.

Actually, I did have the displeasure once. An extraordinarily arrogant and rude individual. Fulfilled all my expectations of him and worse.
    Really? Any quotes or links to this on the interweb?

Yes, there are indeed. April 2005. 20th anniversary. Widely reported. Google is your friend.
    Really any more wild ridiculous claims of UEFA corruption that you cant explain or back up like the last two? Because to be honest FIFA are very corrupt.

Since I haven't presented any wild or ridiculous claims, I don't have more of similar to offer.
    I am aware of many examples of UEFA corruption, though.

It's a website from Liverpool - a Liverpool website. I really don't see how you can fail to comprehend this simple fact.

Really is this a 'wexford' website. http://www.wexfordpeople.ie No its a website for a newspaper in wexford. Your very loose term doesnt make sense.

You haven't demonstrated it was false.

Hmm how about its a random anonymous bloke saying that the draw was rigged on a message board. Ever read boards.ie? Lots of people make loads of claims and assertions and alot of them pretty much false. Now if we had any inkling of how this was leaked or who this guy is then maybe it could be true but no we have nothing so how can anyone say its true?

There you go again. You haven't demonstrated it was ridiculous. I gamble on soccer occasionally. Even getting the winner correct in a game like Chelsea V Barca isn't easy. Getting the correct score, and naming three booked players is close to a miracle

It is ridiculous because it would take all parties involved to make the tie a fix as the theory suggests. The ref on his own would have a hard time manufacturing an exact score. 1-1 in a game like that is a common score. As a betting man you will know the higher scoring draws and higher scoring outright wins would have higher odds. I dont really have to prove anything. It is ridiculous because you havent shown an ounce of proof of how it happened except half right mystic fifa.

Actually, I did have the displeasure once. An extraordinarily arrogant and rude individual. Fulfilled all my expectations of him and worse.

Aaaawww pity did he slap ya across the cheek or sumthing:D

Yes, there are indeed. April 2005. 20th anniversary. Widely reported. Google is your friend.

Ya google and all and couldnt I find him saying that all. I guess that didnt happen either unless Im proven wrong. Its amazing that he could have known 39 people died before the game commenced.

Since I haven't presented any wild or ridiculous claims, I don't have more of similar to offer.
    I am aware of many examples of UEFA corruption, though.

Really none? The use of the word I in the first one is a major giveaway.
    I reckon they rig the Champions League

I really thought that you could prove the one above though. Very dissapointed that you dont have the courage to post other examples of corruption within UEFA.

Really is this a 'wexford' website. http://www.wexfordpeople.ie No its a website for a newspaper in wexford. Your very loose term doesnt make sense.

Yes, it's a Wexford website. Specifically a website for a Wexford newspaper. Do you need help tying your laces? Are you always this slow?
    Hmm how about its a random anonymous bloke saying that the draw was rigged on a message board. Ever read boards.ie? Lots of people make loads of claims and assertions and alot of them pretty much false. Now if we had any inkling of how this was leaked or who this guy is then maybe it could be true but no we have nothing so how can anyone say its true?

That's not proving it false, though, is it? Anyone who would have had this leaked to them would likely be facing a lot of trouble by revealing themselves. Loss of their job. Lawsuits. Look at the US army lad who leaked to Wikileaks, for example. In such a position, I would take exactly those precautions in putting information into the public domain. Lash it up on a website forum where it will be seen and vanish.
    It is ridiculous because it would take all parties involved to make the tie a fix as the theory suggests. The ref on his own would have a hard time manufacturing an exact score. 1-1 in a game like that is a common score. As a betting man you will know the higher scoring draws and higher scoring outright wins would have higher odds. I dont really have to prove anything. It is ridiculous because you havent shown an ounce of proof of how it happened except half right mystic fifa.

Your explanation is that FIFA are psychic? You are hilarious.
    Aaaawww pity did he slap ya across the cheek or sumthing:D

No. I witnessed him refuse to meet kids and sign autographs and do so in quite an ignorant fashion. Arsene Wenger, who was at the same event, was absolutely delightful by comparison. So was Guy Roux. Only Platini was too up himself to bother.
    Ya google and all and couldnt I find him saying that all. I guess that didnt happen either unless Im proven wrong. Its amazing that he could have known 39 people died before the game commenced.

How very remedial of you: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/something-inside-me-died-that-night-531163.html
    I really thought that you could prove the one above though. Very dissapointed that you dont have the courage to post other examples of corruption within UEFA.

It's not an issue of courage. I've already demonstrated their corruption. When you learn to use Google, no doubt you'll be able to find many more examples yourself.

That's not proving it false, though, is it? Anyone who would have had this leaked to them would likely be facing a lot of trouble by revealing themselves. Loss of their job. Lawsuits. Look at the US army lad who leaked to Wikileaks, for example. In such a position, I would take exactly those precautions in putting information into the public domain. Lash it up on a website forum where it will be seen and vanish.

Yes and that explanation doesnt make it true. Unfortunately its just a guy saying the draw is rigged. About legal action and that, I dont see the BBC being threatened by legal action from FIFA because everything in that docu i posted is true. If this guy was 100% certain and had concrete proof you can name and shame anyone. The U.S. is a different story. They can make you dissapear indefinitely :eek:

Your explanation is that FIFA are psychic? You are hilarious.

Nah that was tongue in cheek because despite numerous posts an explanation to match fixing hasnt become apparent. But im sure that fifa just fixed the match somehow. Thats as far as it goes. Amazing

No. I witnessed him refuse to meet kids and sign autographs and do so in quite an ignorant fashion. Arsene Wenger, who was at the same event, was absolutely delightful by comparison. So was Guy Roux. Only Platini was too up himself to bother.

I can think of alot of footballers/managers that behave similarly. I would not describe them as scumbags though. Scumbags are generally the worst in society. I wouldnt put him in that bracket because he snubbed autographs. It happens all to often now in football.

Oh right so he didnt know that 39 people had died. He heard some obviously unconfirmed info that 1-2 people had died. That doesnt make him a scumbag. As he said trouble was all to common in those days. To illustrate this do you remember leeds and galatasaray?. Now that game went ahead as well even though two fans had been murdered and this is only 10 years ago. The players played as normal except for the Galatasarays refusal to wear armbands. Leeds and Galatasary all scumbags then i guess?

It's not an issue of courage. I've already demonstrated their corruption. When you learn to use Google, no doubt you'll be able to find many more examples yourself.

Im guessing your lack of a reply to presenting wild and ridiculous claims means you did. You made the statement that under platini uefa are more corrupt than fifa. Ya see in the real world you dont really make claims without having some kind of evidence. Im not going to google it you made the claim so you must have something that made your mind up about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Jakob

Sepp ?

Advertisement