Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from the uk?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi All

I have found a camper that I like in the uk. It is a 3500kg camper, what does it cost to bring it in, it is a Talbot 5 berth twin axel that is a coach built?

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

if you can get it in before the 1st of jan you should get it in for €50,ring the nct vrt booking line and hope for the best,if its the new year you will have to pay vat im sure someone we be along with the new rates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 steven.blanc

Well dam that anyway..lol. I cant collect the van until January, the owner is in NZ!!! How much will the van cost to import in Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭meercat

check out some sites and some adverts on boards
    really good value in ireland at the minute
    cant imagine too much of a saving to import ,between ferries and travel and vrt
    less hassle and stress too
    have them lads beside you in maynooth motorhomes no end of season deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Well dam that anyway..lol. I cant collect the van until January, the owner is in NZ!!! How much will the van cost to import in Jan?

It'll cost 13.3% of whatever value the VRO assume it's worth , which will undoubtedly bear no resemblance to its ACTUAL value!

I am biased , but how about this ? Huge garage in it . http://www.pathoranmotors.com/?p=169

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Would love to have 21K to spend on a camper.

• Advertisement

So would I, Its almost twice my budget lol. Tank you for posting and good luck with sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTORHOME-RACE-TRUCK-SLEEPS-5-TALBOT-CAMPER-/320549365552?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item4aa23b2730#ht_1382wt_1045

I found this online, probably closer to my budget, looks like it needs some modernisation/tidying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

and a Turbo.... it's gonna be woefully slow.

I dont mind if it slow once I get there...

Advertisement