Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Enterprise Development - Eco T Cup

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jennifer. I am a final year Business Studies student at DCU. Myself and my group have to develop a new product or service and research it's feasibility.

We have designed a new product, The Eco T Cup. It is a coffee cup tissue dispenser. This product is deemed to be a convenient method of storing tissues/wet wipes/screen wipes/dash wipes in your MANY coffee cup holders in your car.

The beauty of this product is that it fits directly in the coffee cup holder so your tissues are easily more accessible. No more looking on the ground, glovebox, parcel shelf or boot for tissues... which is quite dangerous might I add.

The cup itself will resemble a normal paper coffee cup. All materials will be made of 100% biodegradable material and a percentage of the profits generated will be donated to "Crann".

Crann was formed in 1986 with the aim of "Releafing Ireland". Crann is Ireland's leading voluntary tree organisation dedicated to the promotion and protection of our trees, hedgerows and woodlands. It is a membership-based, non profit registered charity uniting people with a love of trees.

The product would be sold in garages, supermarkets, corner shops, halfords, car accessories shops and many more places.

SO.... We would appreciate if you could ask us any questions, discuss our idea, give us good/constructive feedback.

Thanking you in advance,

Jennifer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Does the Eco T cup come with wipes and stuff already? i'm not sure I'd be bothered getting wipes from a packet and filling it up.

Also, I don't get the name. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Hey Jen,

This is a good idea unfortunataly it has already been done:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6279775.html

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 J2010DCU

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Does the Eco T cup come with wipes and stuff already? i'm not sure I'd be bothered getting wipes from a packet and filling it up.

Also, I don't get the name. :o

Thank you for your response, Yes the eco T cup will be purchased including the tissues or wipes (Both different product versions) and the name suggests that it is 1. eco friendly 2. T = Tissues 3. The tissues are inside a coffee cup

We appreciate your feedback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 J2010DCU

Hey Jen,

This is a good idea unfortunataly it has already been done:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6279775.html

D

Hi, Thank you for your response,

The patent is for a tissue dispenser that is for a vehicle....

The patent is for the United States... There is no patent for this in Ireland (That we are aware of) and our tissue dispenser has the novelty factor of it looking like a regular coffee cup....

It's slightly different,

Regards,

Jennifer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Hmmm... I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

dragon's den much?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Hey Jen,

I'm sorry to say but if something is patented in the US then that is enough. Patents and licences are normally respected across the world as long as they are filed in the right place.

As a final year student as well, I know the situation you guys are in however don't be surprised if the same point is brought up again.

D

Advertisement