Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Million dollar company

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I'm aiming to set up a million dollar company and have several big ideas. The problem is that I could do with teaming up with someone and am finding it impossible to find someone suitable! They must be highly motivated to achieve minimum profits of €200k p/a and be very confident in business situations. I have the ideas and its just a matter of selecting one that the person has an interest in pursuing with me as a full time business.

If there is anywhere I can post an ad for free, please let me know?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭newholland

Jayus, somebody would be lucky to get somebody like you on board. Why did you not just post

I am Lazy. I have an idea. I dont want to do the work. I would like somebody to do the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Me too, I have an 'idea' fcuk all else and haven't a clue how to generate 200k.

But if you have "lackey" or "schmuck" printed on your forehead - drop me a line and 'the willing horse will be worked'.

@Gibbins123 - your company is worth nothing currently, nothing.

Its laughable you 'value' it at $1m- i'd love to see the maths behind that valuation - if you think that that pitch is going to drag serious punters in, well.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

There's a lad down in Craggy island that would be highly suitable for a company like yours

I think his name is Doughal Mc Guire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭byrne0f56789

If one member of the team can achieve 200k a year then the business will be valued at way more than 1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

Everyone sure took me up wrong! I'm gona do half the work! I know from dealing with Enterprise Boards that you are more likely to get funding if there are two people in board. Plus the aim is to set up a chain of stores and thats the side of the business I don't know about. I've no problem sourcing products and dealing with suppliers or renting premises or doing up a business plan! I have the plan and a chunk of the capital required. Just lookin for a partner in crime cause its a LOT of work for one person! And I certainly ain't lazy, quite the opposite:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gibbins123

blue4ever wrote: »

Its laughable you 'value' it at $1m- i'd love to see the maths behind that valuation - if you think that that pitch is going to drag serious punters in, well.....

i didn't say i value the company at €1m. I said its my target and I'm looking for someone who has similar goals, to create something BIG. My current valuation on the business is €0 and i've no problem saying that. Based on my market research however, the market is worth billions and achieving 1m p/a profits shouldn't be a problem, especially with my product USP, even in a small country like Ireland. I just need someone else on board with skills that I don't have. You're lucky if your great at Sales and Marketing and Finance and Business and Law. I'm just not good at them all, only half..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Gibbins123 wrote: »
    I'm aiming to set up a million dollar company and have several big ideas. The problem is that I could do with teaming up with someone and am finding it impossible to find someone suitable! They must be highly motivated to achieve minimum profits of €200k p/a and be very confident in business situations. I have the ideas and its just a matter of selecting one that the person has an interest in pursuing with me as a full time business.

If there is anywhere I can post an ad for free, please let me know?!

Thanks!

'nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

If one member of the team

IF, IF, IF a member of a team "could" achieve a t/o of 200k on an 'idea' that doesn't seem, for the pitch, to have a business plan/strategy/backing etc - the it would have a TURNOVER of $1m.

What is the cost of a t/o 200k? - Where's that money coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Gibbins123 wrote: »
    I've no problem sourcing products and dealing with suppliers or renting premises or doing up a business plan!

What do you want the other person to do? Just manage the shops is it? Shat is the actual business?

Also if your not exporting you will have trouble getting funding from an enterprise board

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

is the OP gone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement