Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nifty Xmas sites

Options
  • 07-12-2010 5:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions for Christmas present websites?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 leapin_lep

firebox.com is pretty good or pixmania, thinkgeek for the nerd in ur life!

oh therandomshop.co.uk is good for ideas but not so good for shippin to Ireland - they are sposed to get in touch with you for a shipping cost for outside the uk and they never bothered gettin back to me even though i had a decent sized order. most of the stuff can be found elsewhere tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

leapin_lep wrote: »

I am the nerd in my life!!:D

tehee me too! :) you may also fancy a gander around dealextreme.com in that case, not so much specifically xmas gifts but general nerd-dom! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

www.npw.co.uk

Has loads of great stuff - and lots of the stuff you'd see in Avoca, for a LOT less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

amazon with free super saver shipping turned on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

leapin_lep wrote: »

www.thinkgeek.com is great but bear in mind that as it's a US site if you spend more than €22 including delivery you will have to pay duty on it once it comes into Ireland and a €10 - €15 to the post man who picks up this charge from you.

i got stuff from them last xmas and i didn't hav to pay any duty on it? hav you been caught with it before?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am always caught for vat and or duty on stuff from them due to my order never being small!

iwoot.com is good too and www.pressieport.ie looks kind of cool.

Advertisement