Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gift voucher- whats acceptable

Options
  • 07-12-2010 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

hi all
    i'm sending my friend a bday present of a gift voucher for awear (she loves tshirts from here)
    what would be an acceptable amount to give bearing in mind that i'm very broke. i was thinking €30 but would i get away with giving €20?

please guys/girls.. what would you think if you got an awear voucher for €20? what a skin flint/ah that's thoughtful?

any advice appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi op imho its not the value of the gift its the thought, give what you can afford or if you are still concerned why not buy a gift that no value can be put on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

tbh most people are stuck for money this year in particular and always at this time of year, I'm sure whatever you get her she'll be happy with, she is your friend after all.
    I don't think €20 is too skin flinty at all, it's not about the present but more about the fact you thought about what she'd like and got it. (you know she likes that shop but know she would rather pick out her own t-shirt so it's a nice gift).

that or as the above poster said you could think about another present (non voucher) if you didn't want to be seen as putting a price on it.

Advertisement