Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I play offline?

Options
  • 07-12-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Hi, only just bought Wings of Liberty today but now because of WoW dícks with their Cataclysm expansion I can't play it as it won't log in.

When I click on 'Play as Guest' it tells me I "need to go to Battle.net to authorise the game client. And to have at least one account" or something.

I've already setup the battle.net account today and have already registered starcraft on it as well, been playing it too earlier on on the campaign. Do I need to download that 7GB game client download to play it offline? And what do they mean by authorising it? Why can't things be simple...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This is it, you still need to sign in online to play off-line. It's retarded beyond all sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Disable your Internet connection and log in, achievements etc are disabled til you sign onto bnet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Kharn wrote: »
    This is it, you still need to sign in online to play off-line. It's retarded beyond all sense.

Absolutely. I have no problem needing net access to authorise the game but how am I supposed to play it on a plane?

Was it the GSL final where there was a B.net problem that delayed the match. Foe E-Sports having to rely on B.Net make it sub-optimal. No system no matter how well tended is faultless.
    On a personal note haven't done it yet but multiplayer with my mate at home may be too much for my net connection.....

Can you still play custom matches offline? Last week I was offline and it only let me do the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

magicianz wrote: »
    Disable your Internet connection and log in, achievements etc are disabled til you sign onto bnet.

I've tried to play offline but it brings up the message saying 'Need to authorise the game client on battle.net etc etc' and won't go any further.

But now that the servers are back up and running I suppose it's not too much of a problem.

Cheers anywho.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It seems the decision to enforce online play, even locally, has been a political/financial one. Blizzard were none to happy about never really seeing a penny for all the tournaments played around the world (in Korea especially). Apparently the LAN code was written into the game, just disabled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement