Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GHD Present Help

Options
  • 07-12-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

Hey, my girlfriend is looking for a GHD, I'm willing to spend 100-150 but really I'm looking for the best value for money. Ive read bits and pieces about them but I'm looking for help.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If she wants a GHD then you need to go to a hairdressers/stockists and buy a proper GHD (that's the brand). There are different ones though, depending on the length of your hair, they have wider or slimmer ones.
    I bought a GHD a few years ago & it's still going strong. I have this one or one similar and that does grand for my hair which would be med-long length.
    I assume you've had a browse at stuff like this? http://www.ghdhair.com/ie/shop
    you would probably want to make sure you get a heat resistant mat with it, maybe a soft case. I know there are sets you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Is there any other brands I should look at? I presume I need all ceramic plates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well tbh if she wants a GHD they're pretty much *the* GHD, most people who've invested in one it's lasted. If she's said GHD then I'd assume she meant that brand rather than another branded hair straightener.
    Ceramic plates are what you're looking for too yeah, they last better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Sorry I should have been clearer, she wants a hair straightener. I don't mind paying the 120e for the GHD but I see ones around the €80 mark in boots at half price with ceramic plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

Get the GHD. They're the most popular for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tillerman08

Just picked this up for the girlfriend -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0045H38F8/ref=mp_s_a_2?qid=1291731704&sr=8-2.

Might be of some help to you- well presented and getting good reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

just another vote for GHD. tbh, they're the best and that is what she'll want, anything else may be a bit of a disappointment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Advertisement