Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark Webber

Options
  • 06-12-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

According to the BBC Mark Webber drove the last four races of the season with a broken shoulder. He sustained it while out training on a mountain bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Fair play to him. I like how he kept it from Horner!:D

Here's the article:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9260822.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

He really needs to stay off bikes :(

Keeping it from Horner only serves to state that Webber is deeply unhappy in that team. Maybe for his own good, & mental well bing he should look at other options? Although after his contract runs out post 2011 season maybe he'll jump ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

EnterNow wrote: »
    Although after his contract runs out post 2011 season maybe he'll jump ship?
    He may not have to jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

He may not have to jump.

Can you honestly see Webber giving Horner the satisfaction of handing him a P45? :p Webber will go of his own accord, before being given the bullet I reckon. I wonder who RB have their eye on for his seat a this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Keeping it from Horner only serves to state that Webber is deeply unhappy in that team.

Kinda, but also if he'd said anything he may not have been allowed to race, I'd say that was the main reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

He really needs to stay off bikes :(

Keeping it from Horner only serves to state that Webber is deeply unhappy in that team. Maybe for his own good, & mental well bing he should look at other options? Although after his contract runs out post 2011 season maybe he'll jump ship?

Agreed about staying off the bikes!

I can only assume that what is holding him back from leaving RB is the uncertainty of who would pick him up. He has a good car under him and a good team around him at Red Bull, even if they do see Vettel as their number 1 and will do so even more now that he is champion. This is his best chance of winning races and competing at the top of the standings. Hes not going to get signed by McLaren or Ferrari, or even the likes of Mercedes. I think hell stick it out at RB for one more season at least and see if he can give it another crack next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Last 3 races with a broken shoulder, He raced half the season with a chip on his shoulder. :D

Nice bit of pre Christmas marketing for the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

kinda explains why he was so **** in those races then don't it :pac:

Advertisement