Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking overnight in Cork

Options
  • 06-12-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi lads, I am looking for a place to park the car overnight in the city tomorrow night. I am going to Suas (I dont know where that is) so somewhere near there. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

You can park anywhere you want in the city (apart from double-yellow lines etc. :D) from 6.30pm to 8.00am for free. I used to live on the quays in the city centre so it's perfectly safe to leave your car on the street. I had to do it every night.

If you think you might have a bit of a sore head in the morning, put a parking disc on the dash the night before for the next morning to give yourself an extra two hours in bed so you don't have to move it until 10am.*

*Edit: Some streets, especially in the real city centre, will only allow a disc to be valid for one hour, so check this on the signs to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Thanks, I know I might be sounding stupid but I presume I can buy those in most shops. Also, where is Suas.

You can ya. Most shops like a Centra, Londis, Gala etc.

Suas is here: http://maps.google.ie/maps?q=51.89814,-8.477252&num=1&sll=51.896992,-8.476926&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.897867,-8.476574&spn=0.003019,0.010568&z=17

Kinda behind Argos, near Mad. It's over Wagamamas and Captain America's.

If you park near here, you're very likely to be parking on a street where your disc will only be valid for an hour. The general rule that I use is if you're parking on the island in the centre of the city, you'll end up on a one hour street, on the North or South sides you'll be on a two hour street. But there are some exceptions, so be sure to check the signs.

Is it actually a pub or a nightclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's a pub. Cocktails an stuff.

• Advertisement

It's a pub. Not sure if it's a late bar or not - don't go there that often. But def not a club.

What is that street like. Where are the safest places to park in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Is it actually a pub or a nightclub?

Like a pub squeezed into someone's apartment. Nice place though and quite cheap. Strict on their closing times, you'll get hustled out quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 daniel.ocarroll

Yeah most places are grand (done it dozens of time myself) but if you're planning on doing it in future just dont park somewhere that's obviously dodgy, near a late night pub / club, or else anywhere else that would attract throngs of drunk people!

Advertisement