Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find a spare part?

Options
  • 06-12-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I need some help. The snow falling from the roof cracked the support of the satellite receiver (see attached picture, the broken part is in the circle).
    I'd like to know what's the name of that piece and where I could find a spare one. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's just the bracket for the lnb that's broken-your local satellite shop/installer should have one.If that fails try here http://satellite.ie/acatalog/LNBs.html

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Thanks zerks. Yes, it's just a piece of plastic that slides into the metal bracket. I hope it won't cost a fortune. Do you have a shop to recommend in Dublin South/Co. Wicklow where I could find it? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Try Zintec in Tallaght/Greenhills road as far i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Thanks to all. My neighbour fixed the bracket temporarily by glueing the pieces together. I hope it will resist until they "meltdown", so I can finally receive the package with the new bracket. I decided to get a couple of them, just in case, so at least the 7.50 Euro of shipping are justified. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement