Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving my synth sounds from ableton to an external synth...

Options
  • 06-12-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering is there anything in the market of synths or pads that can store sounds from ableton that you use on songs (my vst's)...to save on bringing a laptop to a gig?
    So basically store all the sounds for each songs and then i can play them thru a midi controller keyboard? thats either saved on the keyboard or pad...where as the pad would have to have some form of input for a midi controller

I cant seem to find any synth that can do this...or is there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

there isnt one, you could use a muse receptor but this is basically a pc in rack mount form,
    and with no laptop battery to cover your ass if the power goes out for a second.
    you could buy a workstation and programme it to get close to your original sounds, but
    there's a reason why people are using laptops, they're the simplest solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭dbocky

Maybe ill invent one haha....:)

Seem's silly though...it would save bigtime on bringing a laptop to a gig if u were able to save all sounds onto a hard drive thingy with all your sounds save and presets for songs...

Oh well i guess ill just use the mac....

Buy a few vintage synths too to ease the pressure on using the laptop!!

Thank you for your comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

the problem is that presets only relate to any given virtual synth. so to do what you want to do you'd need a synth thats built on the same architecture as a vst which just isnt going to happen.

there are synths that have vst editors and can transfer settings but you're still limted to the settings that apply to that certain synth.

an option for you would be a hardware sampler and sequencer but it'd be very expensive and a lot of work getting it all sorted...

and believe me, something like an older akai S series sampler is a recipe for disaster in a live situation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

dbocky wrote: »
    Buy a few vintage synths too to ease the pressure on using the laptop!
    A good laptop is infinitely more reliable for gigging than any vintage synth. Even Jarre, who has multiples of most of his synths and the best technicians touring with him, has had stuff break down live. Several examples on youtube. Makes a great show though!

Any of you guys know where I could get mellotron sounds for mac vst's or Korg ms2000 vst's??

• Advertisement

ik multimedia do a mellotron vsti and korg do their own vsti's

Thanks for the info

@ damagedtrax

G Force M Tron is a great Mellotron VSTi too. Korg just reduced the price of their Legacy plugins so now is a good time to buy.

anyone know where to get any of the arp products?

Like the arp string ensemble?

anyone know where to get any of the arp products?

i think you need to go to the arturia website and have a look at their products.. sounds up your street.

http://www.arturia.com

• Advertisement

Thank so so much guys...sorry for all the questions! You may have made up my mind on all this...

Happy early xmas :)

That exact beast is in here:
    http://www.gforcesoftware.com/ins_vsm.php

Advertisement