Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed - major iMac - iPhone tethering problem

Options
  • 06-12-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I've got a major problem with tethering between my iPhone and my iMac that has me and vodafone completely baffled..... Maybe someone has a bit more experience that me and can help?

About three months ago, for no aparent reason my iphone started crashing everytime I tethered it with my iMac.

This happens both when it's connected by usb cable and by bluetooth.

The phone works fine when simply connected the computer (that is when it's not downloading data) and it works perfectly in every respect when it is unconnected and is being used as a regular iphone.

The exact same thing happens when the phone is tethering to two laptops I have - an old Dell and a newer Samsung.

All of this initially led me to believe that the phone was the problem.....

So... vodafone took it back, did some tests and diagnosed that the pcb had come loose. They replaced the phone (at a cost of €180 to me) but the same problem persists. (yes I am pursuing them for the needless repair)
    The new phone I now have worked fine for the first evening after I got it and then - the same problem resumed and with all three computers....

This has led me to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with my computers, that they might be infected with a virus or that the iphone is doing something to them???

Bizzarely the iphone tethered fine on my brother's iBook the other day, though I suspect (but have not verified) that if I hooked it up to his iBook for a second time it would not work.

I've restored the software on both the iphone and the iMac but to no avail.

I'm more or less at the end of my tether (:cool:) with this issue, it has me completely baffled...

I'd really appreciated some suggestions???

Advertisement