Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to stream from the net to TV in other room

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi,
    I hope this is the right section for this. The problem I have is my parents have a PC in the back room which is not wireless and like to watch streamed sport on this PC. They are getting old and have a HD Tv in the front room and I want to know if there is some sort of gadget (not too expensive) that can send the streaming from the PC to the HDMI connection on the TV with wireless. Have looked at extended HDMI cables etc but it is an old house and to drill through the walls could turn out to a disaster and I know they dont want that. Have searched the net but if someone has experience of this and can advise me great.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There is something that will work for you. I don't remember the name (think it was q-waves or something like that). It came with two devices in the box. One connects to your computer via usb, the other connects to the tv using vga or HDMI. Then the computer picks up the TV as a second monitor and can wirelessly send over anything to it just like a normal monitor would. They were well over €100 last I seen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mick41

That would be great as I have asked in computer shops and searched on the net etc with no joy,
    Cheers

Advertisement