Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time to buy gold?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, I am thinking about buying gold as an investment on the back ground of world turmoil today, such as the problem with euro zone, falling dollar, etc.. Not sure it is the right time ? What is the best way to invest in gold? Where can, we buy pure gold in ireland ? Any suggestions ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

There are several threads on this subject on this BB.

Do some research first. Do you want to hold it physically, or are you happy to hold what people call 'paper gold'? If the former, do you want it in your own physical possession or in a bank or other safe place? if the former, have you correct and adequate security and storage facilities?

Why do you want it and do you want to be in a position to sell quickly if the fancy takes you?

Are you aware that the current price may be a bubble? then again, it may not.

there are many youtube clips to view, some hilarious, some depressing, some paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

RR2026 wrote: »
    Hi, I am thinking about buying gold as an investment on the back ground of world turmoil today, such as the problem with euro zone, falling dollar, etc.. Not sure it is the right time ? What is the best way to invest in gold? Where can, we buy pure gold in ireland ? Any suggestions ?

google goldcore , they have an office in dublin 2 , ask for daniel stokes

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RR2026

That’s great, many thanks. I was thinking to physically hold it and keep it in a bank safe?

Advertisement