Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a few qustions (sat and gasflow)

Options
  • 05-12-2010 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

how do you set the correct elevation on a maxview crank up,im ok with the pointing bit but with no operating instructions not sure about the elevation didnt get a chance to try it yet
    on the gas-flow bottles has any body got them,is it a big deal to fill them and are their many places to refill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

on the gas-flow bottles has any body got them,is it a big deal to fill them and are their many places to refill
    Do you mean GasLow which is LPG refillable tanks. If so I believe it's the same as autogas, there's a list of Flogas outlets available at http://www.flogas.ie/flogasautogas/autogasoutlets.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've fitted GasLows , great idea IMO , and we install them so you can simply re-fill at any petrol station that sells Auto Gas. I like the fact you can top up the tank , not having to wait til it is out.

As regards elevation , about 20 degrees is a good start .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭niloc1951

how do you set the correct elevation on a maxview crank up,im ok with the pointing bit but with no operating instructions not sure about the elevation didnt get a chance to try it yet

Have a look here http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/bearings.htm for all you need to know.
    The Crank-up elevation is set using an internal fold away crank handle (like on sunroofs before they were electric).
    I have mine (maxview) which I fitted myself for five years now and its been totally trouble free (no electrics to go wrong) and with practice I can now get locked on to the satellite while neighbours with auto systems are still searching, particularly in weak reception areas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

thanks for the info yes i did mean gas-lows,i see from the link their are no lpg points in dublin any more,their is one close to me so i look forward to filling up soon,
    the van is parked under the three in the garden at the moment so i cant get to play with the maxview but i see what you mean
    i wish i could get the the van under cover and out of this weather it is stuck at the side of the house i cant get it up the hill to the yard,i have all the water out of it and im running a heater in it a hope all will be ok

Advertisement