Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-housing a set of speakers

Options
  • 05-12-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Well I took it on myself as a small project to re-house a set of hi-fi speakers.

I've done the dismantling work and done some temporary wiring and the sound is working properly coming from an Ipod via 3.5mm plug connected to the speaker's stereo wire (which I intend to solder eventually).

However, as the only thing powering the speakers is the Ipod's battery, the volume is quite low as you would expect.

So I'm here asking if anyone knows how i could go about wiring in a battery pack or mains connection?

What I have:
    (2x) 4 Ohm 10 Watt speakers
    speaker wire
    a 3.5mm plug to male RCA jack adapter

P.S.
    Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place or anything... I'm still learning! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

where did you get the speakers from?

i am not sure you could build these speakers cheaper than what you could buy a new set to be honest. as i think you will need to buy additional parts.

you can get a pretty loud logitech 2.1 speaker system ( with subwoofer) for like 20 quid.

you could probabaly dismantle that and then put it in a bespoke casing.

i got a set about 5 years ago and the were the "party" speakers. never really looked after the, as they were the cheap speakers and the are still going strong. bought a prettier set for the pc but they are loud with a good quality sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

yeah starting to think i need to buy a cheap dock and just rehouse that, seems a lot easier.

shame i cant put the speakers i have lying around to good use though, that was my original intention.

if anyone has any other uses for spare speakers let me know i guess. cheers

Advertisement