Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sisters who think they are better then you.

Options
  • 05-12-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

My younger sister thinks that she better then me, because she has more money. Because of this she says that we have nothing in common, it is causing a lot of heartache do my parents as they do not want to take sides. Before this I needed money and she charged me interest. How would you deal with this, please help me with your suggestions. Making life difficult for all of the family.:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you need money, you can always ask your parents!

What age is your sister? She sounds like a bit of a brat, to be honest! Talk to your sister - ask her why she is acting like she does. She could be acting like this because she actually feels inferior to you, she's just pretending otherwise. She may think you are 'better' because of certain things, so she retorts by acting like she is 'better' because she has more money.

Talk to your parents, and talk to your sister. It shouldn't be too difficult to work this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

If you need money, you can always ask your parents!

What age is your sister? She sounds like a bit of a brat, to be honest! Talk to your sister - ask her why she is acting like she does. She could be acting like this because she actually feels inferior to you, she's just pretending otherwise. She may think you are 'better' because of certain things, so she retorts by acting like she is 'better' because she has more money.

Talk to your parents, and talk to your sister. It shouldn't be too difficult to work this out!
    I do not need any money at the moment, I have tried to talk to my parents but as they are getting older and she is the youngest they have always favored her to me, my older sister says it because I remind her of my father and younger sibling is like my mom. She resents me because of my success in exams firstly, and then in the jobs I have retained, I have being promoted a few times and she has not. I love working, but it does not replace a happy family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I thought you were the manager of a major company?? This is...bizarre.

Namlub wrote: »
    I thought you were the manager of a major company?? This is...bizarre.
    Why do you think that, it is through my promotions that I am a senior manager of a major company. Because of the family situation I worked harder and harder to achieve where I am now. How can you be so cruel to say that this is bizarre:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

She charges interest? Please tell me you didn't actually pay it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

margarite wrote: »
    Why do you think that, it is through my promotions that I am a senior manager of a major company. Because of the family situation I worked harder and harder to achieve where I am now. How can you be so cruel to say that this is bizarre:mad:.
    I'm saying it's bizarre that your first reply it didn't sounds like that, sheesh...

Lawliet wrote: »
    She charges interest? Please tell me you didn't actually pay it
    No, as soon as my other sister told my mother, she paid the debt outright plus the interest, and said to her you never charge interest to family.

Namlub wrote: »
    I'm saying it's bizarre that your first reply it didn't sounds like that, sheesh...
    What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilahelena

Interest...... your sister sounds like a complete b***h wow if my sister needed money I hand if over in a heartbeat no questions asked. What did you need the money for ?? How old is she ??

You should have a serious discussion with he cause this isn't normal behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I never got on with one of my sisters until she moved out she was always flaunting everything she had and was very bossy it got to the point where lots of arguments happened. When she moved away for college I rarely saw her but from it we came really good friends funny really.

• Advertisement

lilahelena wrote: »
    Interest...... your sister sounds like a complete b***h wow if my sister needed money I hand if over in a heartbeat no questions asked. What did you need the money for ?? How old is she ??

You should have a serious discussion with he cause this isn't normal behaviour
    I was overdrawn at the time due to getting the money together for the house I needed, I had an unexpected outlay that I did not have the funds as they were caught up in shares. I re payed my as soon as I sorted things out. she is 29. I cannot have a discussion with her as she only see her side and then goes to my elderly parents and cries.:mad:

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I never got on with one of my sisters until she moved out she was always flaunting everything she had and was very bossy it got to the point where lots of arguments happened. When she moved away for college I rarely saw her but from it we came really good friends funny really.
    I have tried everything, lent her money without question when she brought her new house, still have not got the money back. When I ring her she is always busy and does not have the time to talk to me. I guess for the sake of my parents I will just have to forget about her.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

margarite wrote: »
    I was overdrawn at the time due to getting the money together for the house I needed, I had an unexpected outlay that I did not have the funds as they were caught up in shares. I re payed my as soon as I sorted things out. she is 29. I cannot have a discussion with her as she only see her side and then goes to my elderly parents and cries.:mad:

Hang on a minute. Your younger sister is 29. That means you must be at leat 30. Why the hell are you looking for advice from a forum for teenagers? :confused: There would be very few of us experienced enough to give that kind of advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'm locking this thread as some of the posts have been reported for various reasons.

OP:I don't think this is appropriate for a forum for young adults, you've mentioned your sister is 29 and as Insect Overlord pointed out you must be at least 30.Perhaps Personal Issues is more suited to your problem

-Ginja

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement