Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low water pressure Malahide

Options
  • 05-12-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Anyone else experiencing this? No doubt its down to a frozen burst pipe, but would prefer to know... nothing is up on fingal's website, or twitter...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Perhaps FCC have turned off water at night to conserve it as some people are draining supplies by leaving taps running to prevent freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Hmm if that is the case I wish they had warned us in some manner... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

FCC say there are low stocks in the reservoir in Howth but your water doesn't come from there.

Their twitter is useless as they never update it. I'd give their out of hours number a call in the morning to check to see has anybody else reported this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Sinemo wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing this? No doubt its down to a frozen burst pipe, but would prefer to know... nothing is up on fingal's website, or twitter...

Hi,

I had two reports of low/no water over the weekend. The Rise & The Bawn. Both were back this morning. I had no report from the council of a problem.

Certainly give the water service section a call in the morning to investigate with your address etc. Their number is 018905000. They may be able to enlighten you as to what occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Thank you! I live in and around one of those estates, and I did hear it coming back on during the night. Was just wondering if it was going to be a regular occurrence due to the recent weather conditions. I'll ring the water crowd tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Apparently Ashleigh Lawn/Grove Road area had this problem yesterday as well by the way.

Advertisement