Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else changing their Facebook Profile to a cartoon character..

Options
  • 04-12-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭

.. you know, it's to raise awareness of child abuse.

You know because it makes sense to do this... what other image will create awareness of something like child abuse like a random cartoon characer from your childhood.

As I read elsewhere wouldn't it make more sense to change your profile picture to the NSPCC logo or a battered child?

To be fair, It's all a bit ridiculous, so here's my contribution:

97572402.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thats brilliant. i've put pedobear up as well. After all, pedobear really cares about the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Why blur out parts of the picture when the information is freely available on your Facebook page?

Oh, and Hi from myself and my mates at Perverted Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

These campaigns are cringeworthy. One lad I know put up a pic of a transformer or something and just said its for child abuse!

WTF???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just saw this posted by a few people on FB

The group asking everyone to change there profile pictur to there favourite cartoon character is Infact a group of paedophiles. They are doing it because kid's will accept there friend request faster if they see a cartoon picture it has nothing to do with supporting child violence, It was on a t.v show that warns you about internet frauds plus it was on tonight news. Pass this on to everyone please

Makes the pedobear thing even funnier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I put up Babar cause he's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A powerful image to often overlooked in the anti-pedo battle!

michael_jackson_playing_with_kids.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Just saw this posted by a few people on FB
    Makes the pedobear thing even funnier.

i reckon that's a big pile of s'hite though. yeah, what pedos really need is an opportunity like changing your profile pic to a cartoon to add kids. like, they'd never think of just putting up a photo of another child - that'd be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OP, why blur out that stuff on ur page when theres more info on ur CV which is in ur sig! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The_B_Man wrote: »
    OP, why blur out that stuff on ur page when theres more info on ur CV which is in ur sig! :p
    Is this any of your concern?! Nah...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

The_B_Man wrote: »

the better question is: why do you have a CV with basquille on it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,784 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Saila wrote: »
    the better question is: why do you have a CV with basquille on it :confused:
    It's my surname? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Hahaha , I changed mine to Peado Bear myself. Then came across this, glad a few people have seen through this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This one was moved out of here yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement