Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Alibaba for bikes?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know of or have experience of a reputable seller on alibaba for branded bikes? I was doing a search on the Giant Defy and it came up. Mental prices but I'm highly sceptical. Most want Western Union or bag of cash. But if someone could point me in the direction of a decent one, that would be cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Trekker09

If it's anything like the golf gear they advertise then stay well clear. More fake that a McKieth fainting fit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

if a seller on alibaba doesnt do paypal then walk away.No matter what a great deal it looks it will do a lovely magic trick of making your money dissappear.
    There are some good sellers on there but it just isnt worth a risk with your cash.
    Remember the only contact you have is via email or a phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

have used it for factory seconds, just clothes and stuff. My advice would be 1 only evey deal through paypal. Once you get in touch with someone get their company name, if you spend some time on google (custom search for forums) you can find info on them.

Most will deliver through EMS, very very alow. Takes about 20 working days by their standard mail. Do everything through email (no msn), other than that it is a good place to source things. I know people who have used to to find large scale suppliers of flashing lights for concerts etc and the people they dealt with where very good.

But it can be full of junk also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aodha1

Thanks a million guys. I'm hoping to find someone with a good experience speifically with bikes on this. It seems brand names are the dodgiest things on alibaba, so the lights may well have been cool. Hopefully with somebody, the bikes are too

Advertisement