Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Schumacher biography

Options
  • 04-12-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Can anyone recommend a good Michael Schumacher biography/autobiography as I want to buy one as a Christmas present for an avid fan.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Whilst i'm no big fan of James Allen,his book on Schumi's career is pretty good imo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Schumacher-Greatness-James-Allen/dp/0755316495

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭tommiejoie

lord lucan wrote: »
    Whilst i'm no big fan of James Allen,his book on Schumi's career is pretty good imo.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Schumacher-Greatness-James-Allen/dp/0755316495

James Allen's one is the only Schumi book I've read but it is really good. Regardless of your opinion of him from his ITV days, he is an excellent and authorative F1 journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Im still waiting on the one by the man himself but hes always been quite cool on the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Michael Schumacher: Driven to Extremes by James Allen. Link

Although it's an earlier book about Schumi by James Allen than the one mentioned in earlier posts, I found it to be an interesting read.
    The book is focused on a couple of particular seasons, from the time he was disqualified in Jerez in '97 up until his comeback from breaking his leg in Silverstone in '99. I'm not sure how much of an overlap there is with the "Michael Schumacher: The Edge of Greatness" book as I have never read that.
    The book was published 10 years ago so it should be pretty cheap in book stores/online so maybe you could get your friend both James Allen books! :)

Advertisement