Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Environmental Science COOP for college..

Options
  • 04-12-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hey all!

So Basically im an Environmental science student in UL and im looking into my cooperative education.. This is basically a 8 month work placement. So my question is has anyone out there have any ideas what i could do.. I really want to get placement out side of ireland. maybe Asia or Australia.. I would love to get experience in Remote sensing or Conservation of some kind!

Do any of ye know of companies or places where i could begin to look? I want to start to make contacts soon so I will hopefully get something cool and really worth while!

Thanks for reading

Toby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Have you looked at earthworks.com? Have you experience in remote sensing? You should also give this chap at NUIM an email, you could get some unpaid work experience there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Toby_2010

Thats one site I didnt come across!! cheers for that! Do you think its just a matter of emailing some of the companies asking them would they employ me as a intern student? yes i do have some experience in remote sensing and also GIS. this is something i would love to go into in the future, Or lately iv been thinking geology

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Toby_2010 wrote: »
    Thats one site I didnt come across!! cheers for that! Do you think its just a matter of emailing some of the companies asking them would they employ me as a intern student? yes i do have some experience in remote sensing and also GIS. this is something i would love to go into in the future, Or lately iv been thinking geology

I would email companies, but I'd say it's tough even still. Try the EPA, Geological Survey of Ireland, and as many county councils as possible. Just email as many people here or in the UK. I'd also talk to your lecturers in UL and seeing if they have any relationships with agencies etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

El Siglo, what is your selection process for who you help and who you don't help on this forum?

Advertisement