Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[SALE/TRADE] VSR-10 Series Sniper Spring

Options
  • 03-12-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I bought a spring from SEAirsoft but its the wrong spring for my L96.
    So I'm hoping to trade someone for a 1 joule L96 spring.

This spring is unopened from its original packaging, rated at 1 joule.

Anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CaptainPrice

offer 10 euros for it. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Saike

I'm based in clare. I would sell but i dont want to post and I would much rather trade for an L96 spring.

If you ever buy a L96 spring I would go out to dublin to trade no bother.

oh ok.
    Unfortunately I dont have an L96 anymore ( wish I did- my favorite rifle)
    Should you change your mind, Ill cover postage too.

ok, just give me a while cause i really do need this spring, my current l96 is only shooting at 0.7 joules at the moment :\

also if you decide to buy an l96 spring ill be happy for the trade :)

grand. Will have a check around with some of my local shops that i visit for you.
    In the mean time you could try a spacer on the spring guide? youtube has a few L96 mod vids. Might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

thanks mate, will do but i still need a new spring anyways, the one i have is pretty old.

and i also want to avoid unnessasary mods cause at the moment it isnt shooting properly, either it dont like the cold or i ****ed it up. i cock it, press the trigger and it sticks and i have to push the bolt to fire the shot..

that sounds like a second sear issue
    your L96 is a well i take it? They are pretty hard to get bits for. you are better off going to x-fire and getting upgraded aftermarket parts. new sears, hop up unit, tightbores sears and all that. I looked into it briefly back when i had one and i can tell you it aint cheap....

edit: link for you buddy!

http://www.x-fire.org/list/l96/e.l96_list.html

i sound like an idiot now but whats a sear? and also those parts you show me arent too expensive but maybe shipping is the cost problem..

thanks for the help mate :)

Saike wrote: »
    i sound like an idiot now but whats a sear? and also those parts you show me arent too expensive but maybe shipping is the cost problem..

thanks for the help mate :)

ok. sears are what has the bolt action pull and load the spring, locking it in position for release via the trigger. As far as i know there are 2 of these sears.
    In upgrading these rifles, most people tend to buy
    -new sears for it, in the form of a new aftermarket trigger box/assembly,
    -a pdi hop up unit, to facilitate standard AEG tightbore barrels (the well l96 needs this to use a tightbore. the only other option is to buy custom made well l96 tightbores. this is more pricey and you would want a new hop up anyway)
    and usually a new hop up bucking or rubber. Think "soft buckings" are the best for Irelands FPS limit (328)

no probs for the help.

And yeah, shipping from Japan would be pricey!

actually just before i read this i had looked up modding my gun and it showed me what sears are :P thanks though.

yeah i wont buy a new hop up just yet, ill keep an eye out for a new rubber though.

my trigger seems to be just fine though ill take it apart again and have a look see.. pain in the ass putting it back on though.

again i has **** all money to spend so yeah.. no japan awesomeness..

Thanks again mate, you've been a real help to me :)

• Advertisement

Saike wrote: »
    actually just before i read this i had looked up modding my gun and it showed me what sears are :P thanks though.

yeah i wont buy a new hop up just yet, ill keep an eye out for a new rubber though.

my trigger seems to be just fine though ill take it apart again and have a look see.. pain in the ass putting it back on though.

again i has **** all money to spend so yeah.. no japan awesomeness..

Thanks again mate, you've been a real help to me :)

no problem whatsoever mate. The best of luck with tweaking your gun.
    Yeah trigger assemblies are pretty tough to take apart but as an airsoft sniper you get used to opening up your guns to mess around with how they perform (noise reduction, FPS, hop up range...) Its like riding a bike though. eventually you will be able to do it in your sleep :)

heheh im nearly at that point already, just the one thing that keeps shifting outa position is the catch for when you pull back the bolt. keeps falling out of place. but ill get around that somehow :)

noise aint a problem, no one can here me in a forest of gunfire :L
    fps though, i wanna make the cheaters suffer!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

i have a l96 spring ... im in dublin .

i have a l96 spring ... im in dublin .

Is it new? in original packaging? 1 joule?

do you wanna trade for my spring?

no it,s not new a couple of months old ... im doing you a favour what do you want ,,,, i have one if you want to trade up to you ,,, im in dublin .

couple moths old = useless for me sorry..

ok thanks ...

sorry bout that mate

no problem dont worrie about it ,,, just thought i could of help you , it,s just that i have a spring in the draw that,s all . anyway i hope you get one :).

thanks man, hope ya can sell that one soon

:) cheers

• Advertisement

i wont be selling it it,s a spare . just thought i could of helped you out that,s all . i was reading your question on boards , just put a spacer in the l96 that will bring you up to the 1 joule ...

ahh right yeah. someone already told me that too. thanks again, but i still might need a backup anyways.

i guess this thread can be closed then

Advertisement