Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a PIR on the same zone as sensors & contacts

Options
  • 03-12-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a HKC securewatch, 6 zone. I want to add a PIR, but all 6 zones are used. Can I add a PIR on to a zone that already has sensors and contacts on it?

Rgs

Title should have been "PIR"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello,

I have a HKC securewatch, 6 zone. I want to add a PIR, but all 6 zones are used. Can I add a PIR on to a zone that already has sensors and contacts on it?

Rgs

No, it is not advisable to do it this way.

What you could do is add 2 zones together if your putting less than 10 devices on the one loop.
    Another option is to add two point ID zone modules to the alarm. One will be for the PIR and the other for the sensors on the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

Hello,

Rgs

Do you have the engineer code for your panel? If you do you could add a 4 zone expander to this panel. Think they are about 35-40 euro. Allows for future expansion also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Cheapest option would be to group two zones together and install the PIR on the spare.
    You may need the eng code to set up the PIR after

Advertisement