Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

....To the people who helped me over the Portmarnock Railway bridge this morning...

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

....A very big THANK YOU...!!!!! :)

At about 08:15 this morning I was very unsuccessfully attempting to drive over the bridge on Station Road.(coming from the east) Not happening :(

A black BMW was behind me, and then a BMW jeep over took us both, I was beginning to think I'd be walking to work.

However the driver in the BMW Jeep stopped on the peak of the bridge, got out and walked back, at the same time the driver from the car behind got out and they both started to push my car.

Then a very kind lady on the way to the Dart station also joined in...and voooooommmmm I was gone......:D up n' over.

I thought it was best not to stop on the peak or downside of the bridge (for obvious reasons) so I gave a thankful beep and off I went.

So if you helped me in my 07 Clio @ 08:15... THANK YOU VERY MUCH...!!!

I was so delighted and proud to be a part of a community that helps each other out. :)

I now have to repay the favour so if I see you stuck I'll get out and help you!!!

Thanks Folks,

B

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

what a lovely story. is it just me or is this recession bringing people together . it defo feels more christmassy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

just goes to show that despite our supposed celtic tiger we can still dig each other out.
    A guy crashed his car down the road and I gave him a hand earlier in the week.
    On wed eve on got stuck on a hill (that I had advised people not go up....never heed my own advice eh!!) . A guy in a jeep told me what to do and basically bailed me out.
    If you see someone stuck and can lend a hand please do as someday that someone stuck maybe you.
    Karma.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The bad weather is bringing out the best in people. I think there's a revival of community spirit since the recession too - it seemed to be a bit lacking during the 'good' times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Helping people in a situation like this might only take 2-3 minutes of your time at most, but it could save someone a huge hassle. It will be repayed to you 10 times anyway by Karma.

Helped some guy the other day on Parnell Sq west as his wheels were spinning and he couldn't move. Me and a mate gave him a push and he got up fine in the end. No more than 30-40 seconds later a bus just ahead of us that was struggling began to slide backwards into the position the car was in, would have done a bit of damage if they made contact. Guy was so thankful he insisted we take 50 quid between us. Karma eh?

Advertisement