Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to go sledding in balbriggan area?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 10:41am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests,

If you have found one, then please let us know the best slope around to go sledding?

Have considered clonard hill... doubt many cars will be going up it lol :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Ardgillan Demesne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

dcr22B wrote: »
    Ardgillan Demesne?

Is it banned by park rules?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I dont mind, ive a crash helmet and a body board, they cant ban what they cant catch lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I dont believe it is written on the 'Rules of the Park' Board. Just something along the lines of no cars on the grass and no cycling the wrong way up the cycle trail* :o

*Remember its only wrong if you are caught

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

we could organise a flash mob sled event! everyone meet at top carpark and we'll do one rush down the two main slopes, peg it over the ladies stairs and were home free :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

jaypers ...... you going to have to think how to stop. you are going to pick up some speed by the end of it.

you might not have to run over the lady stairs you might clear it with a jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

What about Curran Park/Pinewood area? That's on a decent hill isn't it?

Another place that might be good would be up in the new estates near Dunnes. There's a fair incline along there too. Martello/Hastins/New Haven.

If you can get out a bit further I can confirm that The Nags Head & Naul Hills have splendid slopes and are great craic according to my hubby. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hill Billy wrote: »

Cooooool. I was in Interlaken a few years ago for the rock festival and I desperately wanted to go up the Jungfrau but no time nor money.... possibly the most beautiful part of the world I ever have seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sedwo

Hill Billy wrote: »

That is awesome. :)

If you're looking for local hills, you might benefit (and hopefully contribute), from my <snip> site, to help people find local toboggan hills where they live.

Given that hills don't really have a mailing address and get passed by word of mouth only, it would be helpful to have these mapped out.

Give it a try.

And I kindly just ask that if you know of more popular toboggan (sledding) hills where you live, please add them to the map.

Many people, with kids especially, will appreciate your support with this great winter activity.

Thank you. smile.gif

No pimping of personal sites allowed.

HB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

dcr22B wrote: »
    Ardgillan Demesne?

Isn't that in Skerries ;)

I was up there a few times over the past week and there were a good number of sleds and toboggans being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

RobFowl wrote: »

Shhhhhh don't mention the war.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I was up there a few times over the past week and there were a good number of sleds and toboggans being used.

Parish of Balrothery actually. Thats why that old argument amuses me so much, its neither:D. Check the Griffith Valuation(1864) and it comes under the Parish of Balrothery and the land deeds around here as far as I know haven't changed much. Its all Fingal at the end of the day.

I was in Ardgillan yesterday, no sleds but a few people were braving the snow with their cameras. Whatever happened the greenhouse? Its in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Parish of Balrothery actually. Thats why that old argument amuses me so much, its neither:D. Check the Griffith Valuation(1864) and it comes under the Parish of Balrothery and the land deeds around here as far as I know haven't changed much. Its all Fingal at the end of the day.

I was in Ardgillan yesterday, no sleds but a few people were braving the snow with their cameras. Whatever happened the greenhouse? Its in bits.

Are you sure about that? The church in Balrothery is (ahem was) Church of Ireland and as far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, prodestant churches do not belong to parishes.
    However,, as a proud Balrotheryian I'll calm it as being in Balrothery, which is neither part of Skerries or Balbriggan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Back on topic please.

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Oi smartarse, the OP asked about the Balbriggan area not just Balbriggan ;)

Advertisement