Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ORB GX1 Headset (xtravision)

Options
  • 03-12-2010 4:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Just a note to anyone who has bought these, or thinking of them.

These are gaming headsets that are on sale in xtravision right now for €24.99. Bought a pair yesterday and they work well, are comfortable fitting and the cables are long enough.

There seems to be only one problem with them. If you use them in your controller while it's plugged into a plug and play, it generates a buzzing sound in the mic that can be heard at both ends (i.e. in game chat and through your earpiece). Originally I thought the problem was with the mix itself, and if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't find the receipt I'd have taken it straight back to xtravision. It was only when I switched to the AA battery back that I discovered what the buzzing was being generated from my controller being connected to the plug and play ( All my rechargable battery packs are shagged so i have to keep them connected to the xbox constantly :() The moment I switched, the problem stopped.

Just thought I'd post this for anyone who bought the headset and thought there was a problem, or anyone looking to buy them.

I've also a question for anyone who has another headset model or a wired controller: Do you have the same problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the very same thing happens to the turtle beech headsets

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Sorry to go a bit off topic but anyone know how this headset compares to the turtle beach X11? Can't find much info about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Sorry to go a bit off topic but anyone know how this headset compares to the turtle beach X11? Can't find much info about it

i too would like to know this....my standard headset has died and will replace soon...

Advertisement