Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there really a need for this?

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

just stumbled among this pathetic forum , Game awards, is there really a need for this?

People talking about awards? This crap should be integrated in the already isolated gamming forums, close this crap down ffs.

I’m sure after I post this I will get the typical boards.ie mod response followed by the 100 lick arses that give him thanks no matter how crap his response is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This forum has been on boards since 2004, and the game awards is an annual tradition.
    If you don't like it, then there are a thousand other forums for you to post in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

While I kinda agree that you COULD intergrate it into the games forum as a sticky or something but there is nothing wrong with the idea of having a best games of 2010 vote. Consider it a your favourite games poll.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

just stumbled among this pathetic forum , Game awards, is there really a need for this?

People talking about awards? This crap should be integrated in the already isolated gamming forums, close this crap down ffs.

I’m sure after I post this I will get the typical boards.ie mod response followed by the 100 lick arses that give him thanks no matter how crap his response is

This forum isn't about people talking about awards, it's about trying to organise a general boards series of game awards. Personally, I always look forward to getting an insight into the zeitgeist, and getting to see what's popular amongst other users. Also, it's always fun trying to get the underdog something (go Bayonetta!).

But as Mr. E (who puts a lot of effort into this every year) you can post anywhere else? Why let it bother you for the rest of us who enjoy the annual awards?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

With the amount of categories involved it would ruin any other forum it would be put in to. Why the aggresive opening anyway, totally not constructive and just acting the dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Pathetic forum? Way to belittle the fantastic efforts of Mr. E...

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to participate, so just stick to the other forums and leave this long running boards tradition to those of us who actually enjoy and appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm closing this thread because its detracting from the main purpose of this forum.

PS3 nomination threads will go up this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement