Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live stream of Chael Sonnen CSAC hearing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

how in the hell is that live !

The athletic commissioner chairing the hearing asks, whos Dana White? class

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Cheers M8.

Very interesting.

One of the commissioners just called Sonnen's sport "boxing". I nearly choked.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Looks like he's getting off..

He's f*cked

Gah! So back & forth!!

• Advertisement

Reduced to 6 months and $2,500 fine upheld..

Go Chael!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Just came across this, can anyone re-cap what happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

anyone suspecting the quiet evil mastermind called joe silva having a hand in this? as just when he's off suspension is when the winner of silva belfort could be fighting again.....

$2500 fine & 6 month suspension. which i think frees him from 2nd of march

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

siochain wrote: »
    how in the hell is that live !

How can you possibly be confused by what I posted?

• Advertisement

I don't even know how relevant it is even if he does fight with the UFC again. Even roided up he showed very little in the way of talent and creativity, and still lost. Their middleweight division is fairly thin but still I can't see Chonnen coming back onto the radar for anything other than his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Very amateuresque aspects about that commission, they could barely vote correctly.

The fact Chael said he constantly took the drug every Thursday and Sunday but didn't know how much he was injecting into his system says alot imo. If he was really using it for rehab/medical purposes he would surely know how much he was taking.

Poor decision for MMA

in saying about amounts i wouldn't think that would be a big thing as if you knew many diabetes sufferers most would be unsure of the unit. so instead of 25 ml it could of been 2.5 or even .25 ml. ewven students who deal with units in engineering or science make silly mistakes on units by times. also in saying about selling another silva fight on his mouth alone ..... didn't shamrock sell 2 or was it 3 fights against tito on his mouth alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Just came across this, can anyone re-cap what happened?

He said he had been receiving testosterone replacement therapy since 2002 (or 2008?). But he didn't declare it properly except on one form the day before the fight (or something like that, cant recall exactly).

His defence was that he was embarrassed to write it on the forms while the other fighers were watching (:pac:). I think he also said he told one particular doctor who travelled with the UFC about it, and he assumed that because that doctor knew, he didn't need to declare it again prior to every event.

His excuses were very unconvincing tbh, they gave him a reduced suspension because the first motion (to maintain the 1 year suspension) didn't pass, and it seemed like they just wanted to get home early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

-He didn't go into the details of why he takes it but he said its a condition from childhood, and something about puberty.

-In 2008 he went to his doctor who tested him and prescribed him with testosterone injections to bring his level up to normal levels.

-This treatment was argued necessary for his body to function in his sport and for his body to repair itself from damage through training or injury.

-He thought he had gone through the necessary channels to clear it but he had not.

-He did not disclose it on the medical form at the weigh-ins because he was embarassed that other fighters (who get passed around the form) would look at it and ask why.

-He then says he disclosed it to an official the day before the fight but the official did not take any action and allowed the fight to go ahead.

-Sentence reduced to 6 months (3 of which is already served) and the fine stands.

Great drama.....

If the UFC hires this guy to fight in their events again, I will vow to never waste my hard-earned bandwidth stealing their streams again.

Apart from joking around I don't think its right for people to be calling him a junky, or steroid user or whatever. He's getting punished and the commission will decide if its ok to take this in the future so its not cheating if they let him. Also it seems like his crime was NOT DISCLOSING the use of the treatment properly. Not that he used it as performance enhancing.
    I think he, and his lawyer came out looking quite well. Straight to the point answers and statements. His doctor however was a mess.

if your going to talk about junky or drugs was it just me or did his doctor seem like he was spaced out?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I don't even know how relevant it is even if he does fight with the UFC again. Even roided up he showed very little in the way of talent and creativity, and still lost. Their middleweight division is fairly thin but still I can't see Chonnen coming back onto the radar for anything other than his mouth.

What exactly did he show then? :confused:
    Same with the Marquardt fight. And the Okami fight. And hed probably do the same to Belfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Please , Please , Please do not become a senseless idiot. I generally enjoy reading your posts. Read one of the above posts, he wasn't caught on anything that would have allowed him to bust gogoplatas or flying heel hooks. He was on a drug that he had thought to have previously disclosed. True or not it doesn't matter a state commission have upheld that on his behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well considering he dominated the two guys who were fighting for the next contendership place just last month I think we'll be seeing him on the radar again.

TheProdigy wrote: »
    Very amateuresque aspects about that commission, they could barely vote correctly.

The fact Chael said he constantly took the drug every Thursday and Sunday but didn't know how much he was injecting into his system says alot imo. If he was really using it for rehab/medical purposes he would surely know how much he was taking.

Poor decision for MMA

I actually liked the Commision. I thought they dealt with it swiftly and justly. I liked the way they debated it at the end out in the open. The Lady who seemed to chair the whole thing was very good at clarifying legal speak.

I don't think its fair to say that he didn't know how much he was taking. If he draws the fluid from a vile he probably knows at which point in the syringe to fill it up to. Not knowing the exact amount in cc or ml is hardly indication that he was just jamming needles into himself for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I expect to either see him get the winner of Silva/Belfort or go straight into a contender fight in around March/April.

The UFC aren't to strict on the failed drug tests first time round. Dana will come out say people make mistakes, Chael made a mistake, Dana himself has made mistakes in his life.

People are allowed make mistakes in life, why destroy them for a mistake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

I think he should have to have a another fight before he gets shot at the title again.

One with everything diclosed and testing clean.

Plus I really want to see GSP v Silva, Silva is no spring chicken these days and he relys alot on speed which is one of the 1st things to go in fighters. Its a fight i want to see before Silva ages catches up with him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Fromvert wrote: »
    I expect to either see him get the winner of Silva/Belfort or go straight into a contender fight in around March/April.

The UFC aren't to strict on the failed drug tests first time round. Dana will come out say people make mistakes, Chael made a mistake, Dana himself has made mistakes in his life.

People are allowed make mistakes in life, why destroy them for a mistake?
    Paul Daley??

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

DeVore wrote: »
    Paul Daley??

DeV.

What Paul Daley done was assault. Chael Sonnen failed a drug test.

Bit of difference don't you think?

How can you possibly be confused by what I posted?

not confused by what you posted at all. I'll spell it out another way, how can a live hearing be streamed across the net and I don't mean the technology need.

It was an off the cuff remark as I was surprised that something like this would be live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Diego Smartly

siochain wrote: »
    not confused by what you posted at all. I'll spell it out another way, how can a live hearing be streamed across the net and I don't mean the technology need.

It was an off the cuff remark as I was surprised that something like this would be live on TV.

In the US they have/had a station on their Sky equivalent called Court TV now; it shows live court cases from around the country. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_tv

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Hey wait whoa............. what happened to all this explosive stuff Dave Melezer promised us? I thought Chael was gonna be blowing the lid off some sh*t at his hearing?

• Advertisement

Advertisement