Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consumer Rights - concert tickets

Options
  • 02-12-2010 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello
    I purchased 4 tickets to a concert at the 02 this weekend on 18th August this year. Unfortunately I cannot make it so have been emailing the company Crowdsurge since October to see when the tickets would arrive. They kept saying 2-4 weeks so Ive been waiting but no joy and now they are telling me that due to delays I will have to pickup the tickets at the box office. I cant go because Ill now be away and I cant sell them because they are not in my hand. Note - I only want to sell them for face price, nothing more.

I am extremely annoyed about this matter and all Crowdsurge can tell me is that it is out of their hands, listing 5 separate reasons for the delay:
    1. delay in event organisers sending them their allotment
    2. postal strike in belgium - left there on 18 Nov
    3. delay due to weather conditions before arrival in dublin - arrived 26 Nov
    4. postal strike in dublin
    5. further delays due to weather
    They have told me that under their terms & conditions they have only sold me entrance to the concert and this is still available because the tickets will be on the door, but I am contesting this. I believe I bought tickets to the concert, so that I could make up my mind whether I want to go or not and then have the choice to sell on this product to someone who might be able to use them.

They also told me it is illegal to resell tickets. I contested this as well.
    They kept saying its not their fault and they apologise but I think I should be entitled to a refund/compensation. They have had my money since 18 August (nearly 3.5 months) but cannot get the tickets to me in the 2-4 weeks prior to the show as promised.

Do I have any rights to a refund/compensation? I spent €260 on these tickets

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have no rights, unless the concert is cancelled, or they don't make tickets available at all. What you believed at the time of purchase is irrelevant, what's written in the terms that you agreed to is all the matters.

Selling on tickets is often against the terms, so this also may not be possible. If you didn't check the terms at time of purchase, then that's on your head. Ticket sellers always cover themselves for this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

By their own [url=]terms and conditions[/url]:
    CrowdSurge acts as the sales agent [...] Sales Agent sells tickets
    , so their "entrance only" is BS. What's this about a postal strike in Dublin too? I'd argue that you paid for a ticket and its postage as part of the service, and that it isn't being fulfilled.

That said, if the company is outside of Ireland, there's little you can do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Muzu wrote: »
    Hello
    I purchased 4 tickets to a concert at the 02 this weekend on 18th August this year. Unfortunately I cannot make it so have been emailing the company Crowdsurge since October to see when the tickets would arrive. They kept saying 2-4 weeks so Ive been waiting but no joy and now they are telling me that due to delays I will have to pickup the tickets at the box office. I cant go because Ill now be away and I cant sell them because they are not in my hand. Note - I only want to sell them for face price, nothing more.

I am extremely annoyed about this matter and all Crowdsurge can tell me is that it is out of their hands, listing 5 separate reasons for the delay:
    1. delay in event organisers sending them their allotment
    2. postal strike in belgium - left there on 18 Nov
    3. delay due to weather conditions before arrival in dublin - arrived 26 Nov
    4. postal strike in dublin
    5. further delays due to weather
    They have told me that under their terms & conditions they have only sold me entrance to the concert and this is still available because the tickets will be on the door, but I am contesting this. I believe I bought tickets to the concert, so that I could make up my mind whether I want to go or not and then have the choice to sell on this product to someone who might be able to use them.

They also told me it is illegal to resell tickets. I contested this as well.
    They kept saying its not their fault and they apologise but I think I should be entitled to a refund/compensation. They have had my money since 18 August (nearly 3.5 months) but cannot get the tickets to me in the 2-4 weeks prior to the show as promised.

Do I have any rights to a refund/compensation? I spent €260 on these tickets

Your only hope is a major snow fall and the concert is cancelled/postponed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

snappieT wrote: »
    By their own [url=]terms and conditions[/url]:
    , so their "entrance only" is BS. What's this about a postal strike in Dublin too? I'd argue that you paid for a ticket and its postage as part of the service, and that it isn't being fulfilled.

That said, if the company is outside of Ireland, there's little you can do here.

Postage is billed for separately from the ticket price, so I don't think it can be classified as part of the service.

Also, their service is selling you a ticket which will gain you access to the concert when presented at the entrance of the venue. Even if the tickets are not posted and only left at the venue, then they are still fulfilling their service. They should probably refund the postage charge.

OP I would ask them if someone else would be allowed to pick up your tickets. I think that's the best you can hope for - after all it is not their fault you are not going to be here when the concert is on.

Advertisement