Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for 19year old niece

Options
  • 02-12-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Am looking for suggestions for a present for my 19 year old niece who is at college.Got her perfume last year so not that.......Hoping to spend €20 at most.....Would love some different ideas as all I can think of is toiletries etc.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Wouldn't have a clue what she would like.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Just give her the €20 and she can spend it down the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Damit, I thought the origional post was "Gift of a 19 year old niece" aw......

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

nice boot slippers,microwave heat slippers,a silver necklace,nice fleece,nice smelly stuff set.
    boots have a special every week of something half price these are worth keeping an eye on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Money. If you don't know her well it's better to give her money than guess and get her something she may never get use out of (or already has tonnes of).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its impersonal i know but....a voucher for pennys :)

I don't get the point of vouchers at all. It's like saying, "Here's some money, but you can only spend it in the store I've chosen. Har har har." Just give her the money :P. Don't worry that it's impersonal or anything - speaking as a 19yo myself I love to get money from the aunts and uncles instead of presents because I'm always broke (especially after christmas!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

For me personally, any of the following I'd love:

Money/gift voucher for websites I buy from/Perfume/make-up/skincare, but out of all those, I would prefer money.

I hate bath sets/bath things because not everything agree's with my skin and 90% off stuff I get I end up not using, so I usually give them to my mum and if she doesn't want it, then it's sometime's used as hand soap or is poured down the sink (depending on how it smells).

If you don't know her well enough to know what she likes, give her money or a one-for-all gift voucher (check the one-for-all voucher is usable in shops she shops in) as it's the safest bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hate the idea of giving money. A little pack of bits you pick up might be nice. For my sister this year (similar age) I'm getting a pair of slippers, a dressing gown, an eye lask, a relaxing music cd, a scented candle and a relaxing lush bath bomb. I'll stick it all in a box, wrap it nicely and call it a "relaxation pack". I might pick up little lux things if I see them here and there, nothing at all expensive though. I reckon the things listed would easily be picked up in pennys/dunnes for around 20.

I'm so very stuck for money this year it's about the best I can do, but I think she will like it.

Maybe you could do somthing like that?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've deleted 2 inappropriate posts from this thread. The OP is talking about his niece, not his girlfriend. Please try to keep it clean people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If only this was posted in after hours :p

Anyway on a more serious note how bout a slanket?

http://www.firebox.com/product/2249/The-Slanket?via=sfg

Think i saw something similar in dunnes over the weekend for a few euro less!

Whispered wrote: »
    I hate the idea of giving money. A little pack of bits you pick up might be nice. For my sister this year (similar age) I'm getting a pair of slippers, a dressing gown, an eye lask, a relaxing music cd, a scented candle and a relaxing lush bath bomb. I'll stick it all in a box, wrap it nicely and call it a "relaxation pack". I might pick up little lux things if I see them here and there, nothing at all expensive though. I reckon the things listed would easily be picked up in pennys/dunnes for around 20.

I'm so very stuck for money this year it's about the best I can do, but I think she will like it.

Maybe you could do somthing like that?

I was actually stumped for an idea for a present for my godmother as I'm pretty much broke this year but she always gets me lovely stuff. Think I might do this if you don't mind! :)

Advertisement