Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikepure GP

Options
  • 02-12-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Start organising car pooling as there will be an Erdinger beer tent at the race. The field has been divided into two categories, Elite & Expert so everyone will have the chance to take part and watch a race. Online signon is open so just go to www.bikepure.org and press the signon button on the top right.

attachment.php?attachmentid=137754&d=1291298551

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

Once again, bikepure are all over it!!

Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭mtbireland

Course update.... heavy snow up there so had to take quite a bit out...course is now 1.8km's long.... kept it as fast as possible.... should be great fun.... first time for most to race in snow... To get there just exit at junction 18 and head towards Carlingford.... course is about 2km's on the left.... keep an eye out for the sign posts... 40 minutes from Dublin Airport.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Might go have a gawk. What time is kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Really good event with a really nice atmosphere around it. Bikepure penned out a course that all the riders I spoke to thought was great given the circumstances. It had everything from loose leaf litter to mud, ice, snow and more mud. They also had free beer (mmm, Erdinger (alcolfrei if you wanted it), tea, coffee and chocolate bikkies and sambos for anyone there to spectate and for the racers after. I have yet to see that at a road event.

There's another round at the same venue in a couple of weeks too btw.

• Advertisement

Don't forget GP 2 is on the 28th of December. Races start from noon. You can sign-on online at www.bikepure.org

Should be a good one... all the big names will be there and lots of people eager to get in the last race before the nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

i would recommend anyone to go watch. It's a brilliant spectator sport. I am hoping to go see that one again.

Thanks for the recommendation Caroline.... you should have come up and said hello....!

mtbireland wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation Caroline.... you should have come up and said hello....!
    I don't know which one you are lol - I was alredy asking random people if they knew who mtbireland was and looked silly so I am not doing that again lol ...

Carloline once again I'll be holding a laptop but this time sporting a really bad beard..!

Race is a go go..... course clear of snow..... heading up with multiple Irish Champ Bob Seymour to set out the course..... hope to see all Tuesday nighthers there for a mudfest... last chance to hit that max heart rate before the champs.....

• Advertisement

results online now..

http://mtbireland.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1645

What's going on with that locked bikepure thread...!! SSB get over it... you saw their accounts.... they are not in it to make money..jeeezzz.... I love the internet but it gives every tosser (should I not have said that, edit and insert lots of **** instead if I wasn't) a chance to have a go.... you would have thought that after he pushed about the accounts. Saw the accounts, that he would have let it go. There are people out there doing good things for the sport who don't seek reward. If people keep knocking them the sport will go down the pan.

Good to see Caroline out today supporting the event again....! Nice to meet you....

Good to see Caroline out today supporting the event again....! Nice to meet you....
    And niceonetom was there too.

Another great race indeed.
    Robin Seymour taking 2 min right from the start working with a really well with a strong young Banbridge rider ( Not sure the name ) for a while before, taking off again minutes ahead the other riders. He looks in great shape.

Can't wait for the nationals!

Any info on where and where it's held this year?

so that was niceonetom..! Good to meet you too...

info about the champs can be found here...should be a good race... Where did you travel from to watch yesterdays race Caroline? We need more spectators.

http://www.ulstercyclocross.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:irish-cx-championships-lurgan-park&catid=13:irish-cx-championships-lurgan-park&Itemid=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Good race yesterday, great to see a load of new faces too!

Photos here from my girlfriend:

http://picasaweb.google.com/billy.fish/CX28Dec10#

so that was niceonetom..! Good to meet you too...

info about the champs can be found here...should be a good race... Where did you travel from to watch yesterdays race Caroline? We need more spectators.

http://www.ulstercyclocross.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19:irish-cx-championships-lurgan-park&catid=13:irish-cx-championships-lurgan-park&Itemid=20

Dublin 15. Took us about an hour to get there. Would love to see the nationals.

@Greg... iso 1600...! sorry photo nerd in me...!! Tell Pauline good job.. !

@Caroline... wow.... so it's not like you're a local but actually came to watch the race..!! ten years from now I think we will have a few hundred people going to watch cross races here...it's all about how you market it... have some ideas for next year... we're getting there.... slowly..... thanks for the support.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

Found a bike rack in the car park after the race, looks like it was left there after GP1, PM me with a description if it's yours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Found a bike rack in the car park after the race, looks like it was left there after GP1, PM me with a description if it's yours.

Myles McCorry lost one and is looking for it. Linked him to you on FB

it's all about how you market it... have some ideas for next year... we're getting there.... slowly..... thanks for the support.
    Well I do PR freelance for cycling if you need a hand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

@Greg... iso 1600...! sorry photo nerd in me...!! Tell Pauline good job.. !.

Yeah :) It was set to a stupid setting after i was out taking photos of the eclipse a few days back, forgot to change it for her :/

• Advertisement

billy.fish wrote: »
    Yeah :) It was set to a stupid setting after i was out taking photos of the eclipse a few days back, forgot to change it for her :/

lol makes sense now....!

Advertisement